Just got my weekly "your car warranty is running out" solicitation call....

/ Just got my weekly "your car warranty is running out" solicitation call.... #11  
I guess we've been lucky, don't think I've ever gotten one of these calls, but then again I let it go to voicemail if I don't recognize the number and scammers almost never leave a message. Closest we've gotten is the occasional call from the dealer my wife bought her car from looking to see if she's interested in selling it (she isn't).

Then again, all of our vehicles have been out of warranty for a looong time.

Our landline is private and unlisted so the solicitations have all but stopped.
Sounds like you've been lucky, they'll often auto-dial sequentially so being unlisted will only help if the perp bought a list of #s.

/ Just got my weekly "your car warranty is running out" solicitation call.... #12  
I guess we've been lucky, don't think I've ever gotten one of these calls, but then again I let it go to voicemail if I don't recognize the number and scammers almost never leave a message. Closest we've gotten is the occasional call from the dealer my wife bought her car from looking to see if she's interested in selling it (she isn't).

Then again, all of our vehicles have been out of warranty for a looong time.

Sounds like you've been lucky, they'll often auto-dial sequentially so being unlisted will only help if the perp bought a list of #s.
It took several tries to finally find a long dead, unused number. Every change cost me money but it has been well worth it.

/ Just got my weekly "your car warranty is running out" solicitation call.... #13  
My phone co charges to not list U.
BUT, I learned that as long as you do list it's free, so I said how about just my initial and family name, OK.
SO I'm listed as R. XXXXX and no address!
That sure has saved me a bunch of scam calls!

/ Just got my weekly "your car warranty is running out" solicitation call.... #14  
What I don't get is that 'warranty add' on national TV but if U do call you are told it is only offered in Ontario and California.
I once did reply and within seconds had a sales rep on line and was told that there was no dealer in my area. I did supposedly fit all the other criteria.
Simply don't get it. National TV ads are not cheap and to run every hour every day?
Simply sounds like a scam of some sort.

/ Just got my weekly "your car warranty is running out" solicitation call.... #15  
You know the Big Name Hucksters peddling these worthless warranties would not buy what they are selling.

/ Just got my weekly "your car warranty is running out" solicitation call.... #16  
Home warranties appear to be just as worthless as those for autos. The fine print must be so fine that it is invisible or that it is so full of legalese that only a lawyer can decipher it.

Shysters are the reason everyone should have an emergency fund and just take care of things themselves.

Last edited:
   / Just got my weekly "your car warranty is running out" solicitation call.... #17  
Several years ago someone said that if you told a telephone solicitor to put their don't call list they had to quit calling or face charges. Is that law still in force? Was there even such a law? It doesn't seem to be working.

/ Just got my weekly "your car warranty is running out" solicitation call.... #19  
I will vote for whoever can eliminate spam texts/calls and put everyone in the US on daylight savings time.
Call it, 'Stop the Madness'. Surely these are two things that the masses can agree on nor will it cost a fortune.

/ Just got my weekly "your car warranty is running out" solicitation call.... #20  
Somehow my phone is labeling these calls as Spam do I just don't answer.