VA531.7
VT010.0
WI515.0
WY120.5
Unknown1191.2
Austrailia010.0

Last edited:
   / Just numbers, with maths #2  
Not sure what you're aiming at with those numbers. Some of the people that I knew that died didn't live in my state. ;)

And, just an FYI... COVID discussions generally tank into politics quickly. Hopefully this one won't.

/ Just numbers, with maths #3  
Well, not sure what the chart means. What does each state number signify?

/ Just numbers, with maths #4  
Ahhh, just posted in the other thread. Yes, just the numbers. How many people in the country, how many died from/with the virus, and how many people do you know.

/ Just numbers, with maths
Not sure what you're aiming at with those numbers. Some of the people that I knew that died didn't live in my state. ;)

And, just an FYI... COVID discussions generally tank into politics quickly. Hopefully this one won't.
Yeah, could also be reporting the same deaths multiple times or forgetting someone who died. This is totally unscientific…and it’s on the internet. Not aiming for anything just wondering if any trends developed as I was scrolling through and thought I’d share.

Well, not sure what the chart means. What does each state number signify?
Just the numbers from the other thread against how many from the state and a simple average. Really they won’t mean much of anything unless someone else was curious.

/ Just numbers, with maths #7  
Not all of the deceased that I know were in my state. Most weren't.

/ Just numbers, with maths #8  
Well I personally don't know anyone who died so obviously it's not a problem.

Same with
Brain cancer
Lung cancer
Heart disease
Auto accidents
Tractor accidents
Fire in general
War
Violent crime

Shall I go on?

This is why we have statistics and scientific studies - because local observations (especially self-reports from a small population) and personal anecdotes often provide a completely wrong view of the big picture.

I'm sure my wife who works as a nurse at the hospital has an entirely different set of personal anecdotes, but if we went off of her percentages you'd get a similarity skewed version of the big picture, because most of the people she sees are sick.

Well I personally don't know anyone who died so obviously it's not a problem.

Same with
Brain cancer
Lung cancer
Heart disease
Auto accidents
Tractor accidents
Fire in general
War
Violent crime

Shall I go on?

This is why we have statistics and scientific studies - because local observations (especially self-reports from a small population) and personal anecdotes often provide a completely wrong view of the big picture.

I'm sure my wife who works as a nurse at the hospital has an entirely different set of personal anecdotes, but if we went off of her percentages you'd get a similarity skewed version of the big picture, because most of the people she sees are sick.
Interesting, my assumption would be you’re not very old. I don’t know anyone from a tractor accident or brain cancer but have all the others. Add dementia, gunshot, drowning, too many suicides, and several aircraft deaths and whatever else I’m not thinking of.

I already said it’s not scientific, it’s just the numbers from the other thread. If you care or not it doesn’t really matter to me, I’m just sharing the data from the other thread for anyone that’s curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.