Just replaced my portable generator

/ Just replaced my portable generator #1  

MF RED in MT

Veteran Member
Tractor
MF GC2410
Hey to all,
I have just purchased a new portable generator, ETQ TG72K12, 8,250 Watt, 13 HP, 420cc, 4 Cycle, OHV Gas Powered, with Electric Start.

This replaces my old portable generator, Coleman Vantage Powermate, 7,000 Watt, 14 HP, 480cc, 4 Cycle, OHV Gas Powered, with Electric Start.

The new generator claims to produce clean Sine Power electricity for sensitive items like TV's, Computers, Microwaves, etc.....

And my question to you with the great knowelge is, this new generator safe to run these electronics or not ?

I have this question because this generator is only a fraction of the cost of a Honda Generator that makes this same claim ?

Thank you, KC :thumbsup:

/ Just replaced my portable generator #2  
Hey to all,
I have just purchased a new portable generator, ETQ TG72K12, 8,250 Watt, 13 HP, 420cc, 4 Cycle, OHV Gas Powered, with Electric Start.

This replaces my old portable generator, Coleman Vantage Powermate, 7,000 Watt, 14 HP, 480cc, 4 Cycle, OHV Gas Powered, with Electric Start.

The new generator claims to produce clean Sine Power electricity for sensitive items like TV's, Computers, Microwaves, etc.....

And my question to you with the great knowelge is, this new generator safe to run these electronics or not ?

I have this question because this generator is only a fraction of the cost of a Honda Generator that makes this same claim ?

Thank you, KC :thumbsup:

If you are comparing to the Honda inverter generators, anything with an 'i' in the model name then yes, those get quite expensive.

Honda also has the EB3000c which has 'Exclusive CycloConverter technology'. Maybe your generator has similar electronics to give a pretty good waveform but not as 'perfect' as the inverter generators. I believe the Honda (and other) inverter generators put out 'pure' sine wave.

This page:

ETQ Generator TG72K12

says:

ETQ - Sine Power delivers clean and steady current ideal for senitive electronics
ETQ - Sine Power delivers clean electricity with low THD waveform

(spelling error is theirs)

Maybe someone more knowledgeable can interpret that.

/ Just replaced my portable generator #3  
There is another way to look at the quality of the power, during a storm and you are still connected to the grid just think of the quality that is being feed to your sentive electronics. The voltage is all over the neighbourhood. A tree branch causes a auto circuit to open and 10 seconds later it closes to burn off the trip, squirrel , branch, etc.
If you want to protect the senitive run it through a power conditioner, UPS ,or high end surge bar.
Craig Clayton