Just to show im not idle........Honest........

/ Just to show im not idle........Honest........ #1  

Mith

Veteran Member
Pic explains all
Just to show i have done something, not look at TBN all day while its too wet to mow.
Any other attachments ive missed out?

Last edited:
   / Just to show im not idle........Honest........ #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Any other attachments ive missed out? )</font>

Mith,

I have something I really like that you may want to consider.

The issue is when towing certain implements behind a GT, either the tongue of the attachment is too short for making tight turns (hits rear tire) or I need a buffer between the GT and the implement (york rake) in case of bounces (again so it doesn't hit the tractor).

The solution is attached in the pic:
It's the rusty thing... Haven't painted yet.
The long tongue allows sharp turns without hitting the tires.
The small box area is sized to fit a couple cinder blocks if needed for weight.
Wide tires for floation (off the front of a garden tractor).

As pictured with the spike aerator, I can now pull the aerator behind my ZTR and can make pretty sharp corners.

Brian

Attachments

• 638435-MVC-715S.JPG
    638435-MVC-715S.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 687
   / Just to show im not idle........Honest........
Brian, nice idea, but wouldnt it be kinda hard to reverse?

The clevis, the pic dont show it too well, is about 5" behind the wheels, when i spiked the lawn, i ran out of lock before the rear tyre hit

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( in case of bounces )</font> , man you must be going quite fast, i max at 6 mph, well in gear anyway.
I like the little trailer though, just what i need to mount the crane on, maybe a little more beefy though, possibly some outriggers.....
ive decided not to tow lawn care attachments with this tractor because the tyres are WAY larger than stock (about 1' either side) and they tear the lawn because of the speed difference in the width
thanks for the idea, now if it would just stop raining......

Last edited:
   / Just to show im not idle........Honest........ #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Brian, nice idea, but wouldnt it be kinda hard to reverse? )</font>

Yep. Don't get into a situation that requires you to back up more than about 3' (oops, I mean 1 meter).

When running a tow behind rake if it grabs a rock on one side, they can jump pretty far. I'm normally towing with an ATV so the speed can get up there a bit to get better windrows.

Since your hitch is sticking out, I doubt you would need it for your tractor but on most GT's and ATV's the hitch is between the wheels instead of behind. Short tongues on attachments don't help either.

Brian