Kansas weather

/ Kansas weather #1  

billbill1

Veteran Member
Tractor
2016 Mahindra 1533 Shuttle AgKing 2840 shuttle shift
Topeka set an all time high yesterday, 66 degrees. This morning-it's 15 degrees and the ground is covered with snow (still snowing). It's supposed to be snow and ice all weekend long.

/ Kansas weather #2  
Dang...talk about doing almost 180.
NH looks to be but another above temp weekend...still no snow.

/ Kansas weather #3  
Yep, don't like the weather in Kansas - just wait a few..............

Here in KC we've got about a 1/4" of ice down and the snow has just started coming down.

My brother's supposed to fly into the Downtown KC airport tomorrow in a biz jet, hope things improve by then..........

/ Kansas weather #4  
Thomas said:
Dang...talk about doing almost 180.
NH looks to be but another above temp weekend...still no snow.

Afternoon Thomas,
Looks like we may get a little bit of snow and sleet tonight and then again on Sunday night. I can remember years that we had 3 or 4 ft on the ground by this time :confused: ;) :)

/ Kansas weather #5  
Parts of Kansas and Mo really got hammered with ice and sleet yesterday and today, the roads are treacherous - I've decided to just stay home for the rest of the weekend..........

My brother had no trouble getting here, landed just as the sleet really started coming down. Before they can leave tonight for London tho, they'll have a pretty hefty bill for de-icing ...........

/ Kansas weather #6  
Compared to the rest of the cost for the trip to London, the de-icing will be chump change.

/ Kansas weather
I haven't stuck my head outside since I got home Friday morning and don't intend to until I go to work on Sunday night. Some good college basketball and Pro football kept me entertained today. St. Louis and around I-44 got hammered from what I heard.

/ Kansas weather #8  
My other brother, who lives in St. Louis was visiting MU at Columbia on Friday, and when it came time to leave, he said the roads west were better than those going east, so he came on into KC.

My brother (the pilot) took off without incident last night and the flight to London was uneventful, so that's the good news. The sleet had already let up so the de-icing was minmal. apparently the jet was so clean and waxed the sleet hardly stuck to the wing! Here's a pic when they landed yesterday........

Attachments

• GV 001.jpg
    GV 001.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 129
   / Kansas weather #9  
If I had to fly into icing, a GV would sure be a good choice. How long has your brother flown for Wells Fargo? Do you know where he trains? I'm at CAE SimuFlite in Dallas, but he may train with FlightSafety.

Nice looking airplane!

/ Kansas weather #10  
He flies for Kaiser Air, not Wells Fargo, Jinman. Altho, Wells may have been (or still is) one of their clients...........
The plane was beautiful, I'll try and upload one or two more pics I took on Sat. I don't know where he got his rating for the G5, but I know it took a week of training. He says it's the sweetest flying plane he's ever driven!

The first pic is another shot as they landed and taxied in. There was a limo waiting for the client (of course!) Those engines look huge, they're Rolls Royce 710's I believe.

Second pic is an interior shot, that's my youngest brother - he's the senior pilot.

Third is a shot of the seating on the interior - very comfy. After the client left the flight attendant (yes, it flies with one!) made up two berths for them to sleep on the overnight to London.

Attachments

• gv_003_129.jpg
    gv_003_129.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 100
  • gv_009_120.jpg
    gv_009_120.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 99
  • gv_006_203.jpg
    gv_006_203.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 101