Kentucky Turtle Man, are you sure he's not from WV

/ Kentucky Turtle Man, are you sure he's not from WV #1  

dex3361

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L4400-1 HST,FEL, 3x3 remotes, TNT. BX1500 54 mmm
A buddy of mine sent this to me. I thought this was great. This guy is crazy(for catching these snapping turtles). Kentucky Turtle Man

/ Kentucky Turtle Man, are you sure he's not from WV #2  
He is unique. Seems like a happy soul. Snapping turtle is tasty, my Dad always said there were seven flavors of meat in them too.
Dave.

/ Kentucky Turtle Man, are you sure he's not from WV #3  
What's with the WV comment?

/ Kentucky Turtle Man, are you sure he's not from WV
He seems like a lot of people I knew growing up here in WV. They are unique personalities. Actually someone I would like to know. He knows who he is and enjoys life. Different really different. He's not hurting anybody, he's having fun and going in his own direction. Wild Wonderful WV and he would fit right in, He's wild.

/ Kentucky Turtle Man, are you sure he's not from WV #5  
I have trapped snapping turtles in our pond and cleaned them ( what a pain to clean 'em ) and then made turtle stew..I like the fella, and agree with Randall..he is having fun, could care less about politics, the economy or what we think and I admire that...good for him.

/ Kentucky Turtle Man, are you sure he's not from WV #6  
Well I would never go in the water after them, I've got a few more teeth, don't have a mullet and don't give a rebel yell.
But I do catch them by the tail, we use small fish on a line to lure them close to a dock, them grab them be the tail.
I've had the soup long ago but would like to try it again, just remember I liked it.
The ones I catch I let go.

This one is pretty big, but I've seen them bigger just haven't caught one yet.

JB.

Attachments

• P6236827.JPG
    P6236827.JPG
    398.2 KB · Views: 1,003
  • P6236830.JPG
    P6236830.JPG
    414.4 KB · Views: 1,948
   / Kentucky Turtle Man, are you sure he's not from WV #7  
Chelydra.org - Snapping Turtle Handling

I never would have guessed handling a snapping turtle by the tail is harmful to the turtle, and if you are planning on eating them it doesn't matter.

However, according to the 'turtle' people :), you shouldn't hold them by the tail if you are moving them off the road, just looking at them or whatever.
Dave.

/ Kentucky Turtle Man, are you sure he's not from WV #8  
I gave some gentlemen permission to hunt snapping turtles in my creek a few years ago. They hunted them by reaching under rocks and feeling for them with their hands. I asked them how they kept from losing a finger. They said "Snapping turtles always lay under a rock head first". "But" he said, "We always feel for them with a closed fist just in case". He said the biggest concern wasn't the snapping turtles. He said a muskrat would tear you up if you got hold of one. He asked me if I wanted to go with them. I respectively declined the offer.

/ Kentucky Turtle Man, are you sure he's not from WV #9  
Good Evenin Dex,
Well I notice that he has boots on while doing his hunting ! ;)

And I thought redneck heaven was in East Wells, Vt ..... :confused::)

Guess we need to step aside ! :D