Kids gocart, ATV or bike recomendation?

/ Kids gocart, ATV or bike recomendation? #1  

Fallon

Tractor
Kubota L4060hstc, formerly L3200hst
I got my got my nephews one of those Peg Pergo plastic tractors about 7 years ago. Somehow against all odds, it survived 7 years without even a battery replacement. One nephew is to big for it & the younger is a dare devil that will likely finish it off soon.

My sister-in-law was talking about getting them an ATV at some point. Chatted with the brother today & he was thinking more 2 seater go cart with a roll cage. Neither nephew could wrangle a pull start & the older could wrangle a gas can, but would be safer to avoid it if possible for a while. The brother had been thinking about electric for ease of maintenance.

Its probably going to fall to me to be the cool uncle to bring the gifts that can cause injuries to make up fo slacking at Christmas & birthdays.

My local car & power toys mechanic has a pair of Kandi pit king jr electric bikes for a reasonable price. Electric Dirt Bike, the Pit King Jr by Kandi America.

More protection on a go cart with a cage. Easier maintenance & trivial charging on the bikes.

Any recommendations for an electric gocart or other similar toys?

/ Kids gocart, ATV or bike recomendation? #2  
Interested in this too.

While down in Tampa about 4 years ago, I saw a couple kids on electric dirt bike things. They were zipping around pretty good. looked like fun.

I don't see a weight limit on there.

/ Kids gocart, ATV or bike recomendation? #4  
Roll cages sound all safe but amputation or borken limbs are much more common with them. Guess it all depends on the amount of supervision and task but I'd probably go dirtbike then quad if I was getting something for them.

/ Kids gocart, ATV or bike recomendation? #5  
Save yourself. Let Mom & Dad buy the toys that maim.

Buy yourself a side-by-side and let kids take you for a ride when they come visit you.

/ Kids gocart, ATV or bike recomendation? #6  
Why not start with BMX bicycles? I am bothered that electric and gas powered vehicles are a first option. Kids should be pedaling and using muscles, not sitting and pressing a button.

But keep in mind this is posted by a dinosaur that probably remembers the "good old days" better than they actually were. ;)

Doug in SW IA

Last edited:
   / Kids gocart, ATV or bike recomendation?
I have an Artic Cat side by side already. I'm in Colorado & they live in Oregon. Everybody is aware of the general danger & on board.

/ Kids gocart, ATV or bike recomendation? #9  
Years ago I was going to do something like this before I got divorced, but I made the mistake of telling the salesman that it was for a ten year old kid. Apparently, here in Texas, it is illegal to sell anything powered that will be operated by a kid under a certain age. I forget the ages in question, but as soon as I said that, I was done. They wouldn't talk to me anymore, it was like I had offended them and insulted them at the same time.

/ Kids gocart, ATV or bike recomendation? #10  
My family shows horses with a bunch of people out of the amish, and a couple years ago they became enamored with the segway ninebot s, they cost about $500 and you can buy them on amazon, they are not super fast but they start out slow until you learn to ride them then the speed gets unlocked. I bought one for my 12 year old, but the ex-amish have kids that can barely walk driving them, they great because they are super portable, you can ride them on packed dirt, and they are pretty rugged. I like them on the ranch because my son can use it doing chores and he considers riding it alot of fun, and thus helps out outside more than before.