kimber autopistols

/ kimber autopistols #31  
Yah huh? No, I was in New Jersey too. I just put it in a box and brown trucked it. Then in a couple weeks there was a box on my doorstep. Probably broke 50 laws.
No, that is legal. It was always your gun. ATF has an actually fairly good FAQ section worth looking at when you’re questioning what is going on.

/ kimber autopistols #33  
What years were they manufactured? I’ve had two, one I straight wore out carrying and shooting but the other shot very little. Both are 20+ years old now?

I see them as kind of like a Ruger 10/22 or a Remington 870. Grab a 30-40 year old one and put it next to a new one and you’ll cry even without shooting them.
I bought the .45 Crimson ProCarry in January 2010. The Ultra Carry 9mm in 2011 & the 9mm Solo CDP in 2012

/ kimber autopistols #34  
I thought that I might have to send my GP100 back to Ruger, and they told me that they could only send it back to a licensed dealer.
Fortunately my local gunsmith was able to fix it for me. 👍
I love that gun. I have one for home defense and for backup when hunting big game. I’ve had mine for about 25 years and never any issues. I also have some .38 shot cartridges for the gun that are great for rattlesnakes.

/ kimber autopistols
No, that is legal.
not in New Jersey. Here we tossed a guy in state prison he is an engineer, who was moving into the the state for a job. For some reason he felt he had to declare that he was transporting pursuant to federal law and they threw him in prison for 7 years.
Chris Christy pardoned him but he spend some years in lockup in Northstate prison.
You can't make your own firearms in this state either, and pellet guns are considered firearms, and slingshots are absolutely banned.
Anyone who thinks they know the law on guns and quotes federal law, forgetting state law - well that person may be making some serious mistakes.

/ kimber autopistols #37  
This year I bought a Kimber Mako after retiring and Uncle Sam wanting his pistols back. Really nice gun, shoots great, been 100% reliable. Some of the other guys shot it at the range last month and loved it - some liked it better than their issued Glocks.
I know that Glock makes some rugged and dependable guns, but I could never get used to the trigger feel on that gun. I prefer the model 1911 style single action triggers for a semi-auto pistol. Lots of people do like their Glocks.

/ kimber autopistols #38  
Tell me why I should not get one.
They are the it gun for a lot of the cool kids but I'm unsure.
I'm a Dan Wesson, Sig, and Tarus, fan
I have 2 kimber custom shop models made in 1998.From what I read new ones are NOT so reliable ..I would go sig,glock or smith & Wesson M&P models.

/ kimber autopistols #39  
I love that gun. I have one for home defense and for backup when hunting big game. I’ve had mine for about 25 years and never any issues. I also have some .38 shot cartridges for the gun that are great for rattlesnakes.
I dropped mine about 4 feet with the cylinder open. I thought that I might have bent the crane, which would have required sending it back. I just checked the Ruger website again and am not sure why I thought I'd have to go through a licensed dealer. Luckily it was a simple fix done by a local gunsmith, apparently some screw had loosened up.

The moral of the story is, don't drop your gun.

/ kimber autopistols #40  
I don't care too much for .45's but I'll take my Les Baer over a Kimber any day...!