Kind of like my new number plate...

/ Kind of like my new number plate... #1  

Henro

Tractor
Kubota B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini EX
The wife wanted me to get one...

If you are not from Pennsylvania, you may not have seen this wildlife consevation plate we have here...

Kind of grows on ya'... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sure beats plain old numbers. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Attachments

• 605542-numberplate.jpg
    605542-numberplate.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 496
   / Kind of like my new number plate... #2  
Not bad. At least its not itchy alage /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Kind of like my new number plate... #3  
Looks nice, are the numbers meaningful to you or just randomly done by the state? JohnJ

/ Kind of like my new number plate... #4  
Very nice looking. Just wondering how much the state skins you for a plate like that? Do you get to pick your numbers or is that an additional extra?

/ Kind of like my new number plate...
The numbers are just random...but I kind of like the 212 as I can remember the boiling point of water... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Funny thing was we were on the way to the AAA to pick up some maps, and the wife saw one of these plates, and said I should get one for my van...for years I was thinking of getting a plate with some kind of name on it...never did, so I said OK...

At the AAA office, we asked and it was $40, one time fee. Some of that goes to the conservation people, so that's OK, so we say, yep, we want one, thinking there would be a form to fill out and it would be sent to us later.

Before you know it, they print out a new registration right at the AAA office, go into the back room and come out with a plate!

Probably ended up with the one I would have picked given the choice of what they likely had back there... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

While it is possible to request special numbers for a regular plate (or letters, my wife has her first name on hers) with these conservation plates you take what you are given.

/ Kind of like my new number plate... #6  
Wisconsin has the wolf. Every year they tap you an extra $45. And you can get the vanity plate option where you can select what you want on the plate if not already taken.

/ Kind of like my new number plate... #7  
Your wife wants you to get a new plate? Man Henro you got it made, mine has a never ending list of chores she wants me to do. I would take the plate thing any day.

Nice looking plate there Henro o' king of emoticons.. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Kind of like my new number plate... #8  
I just got the renewal form for my Historic Plates for my Corvair. The renewal is $85 for two years. I have no idea of how much more it would be if I were to have a "vanity" number along with the Historical. I figure that since I have a very low number, that it is good enough. I have 1909 and they are presently issuing numbers in the 30,000 range... Mine was issued in 1958 to my 1934 Dodge...... since sold, but still have a few parts hanging around the garage. When I got the antique plates for my 1926 Buick Master in NJ back in 1963, they were a one time fee of $25 and they were good forever. I still have those plates, but I believe that the NJ now charges a renewal fee for them. Since they have lost track of me, I haven't gotten a renewal bill from them. Some day, if I ever move back to NJ, I will see if I can transfer them to another one of my old cars.

Attachments

• 605682-MVC-550F.JPG
    605682-MVC-550F.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 208
   / Kind of like my new number plate... #9  
Florida currently has around 89 different plates covering subjects like environmental, civic, sports, military and colleges. They cost an extra fee in addition to the normal registration fees; the extra fees are used to support the groups named in the plates. The extra fees range from $15 to $25, with most in the $20 range. My wife has the Manatee plate; my daughter has the "Salutes Firefighters" because my s-i-l is a fireman/medic. Here's a link to an index of the various plates, which shows the plate, the extra cost, the number of plates sold and the contributions, plus the recipients of the contributions: Specialty Plates

I think it's a great idea, totally voluntary, with enough different ideas to satisy everyone. When my current plate has to be replaced, I'm getting the State of the Arts plate.

Attachments

• 605695-art.gif
    605695-art.gif
    39.8 KB · Views: 213
   / Kind of like my new number plate... #10  
Very nice.
Mechanic at the dealership I use. Has this plate for his truck.
605759-license_20050316042451_73574.jpg

Here is a old thread with a tool to make your own plate. Click Here