Kioti 60” Finish mower question

/ Kioti 60” Finish mower question #1  

bwestfall

Tractor
Kioti CK20s
First post on TBN, hi everyone,

I had a question regarding a new-to-me Kioti CK20s I picked up from a dealer that came with a finish mower. To be up front, despite my family having a tractor most of my life I am very new as I never had to learn to use/fix too much.

After using the finish mower, I (and luckily the wife too) am very impressed, however I’d like to lower the cutting height if possible. After looking online on how to do that I seem to be unable to adjust it, and it appears as though a bracket is there that shouldn’t be based on manuals I have found.

Attached is a picture of my wheel setup and model. With the current setup, I am unable to raise the wheels as it is currently “topped out”. My mower has an anti scalping roller on the front, that is unable to touch the ground when fully lowered on flat ground which I think I should have the ability to?

If I could get some help, or correction it would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• EA68A0E8-213E-435B-AB29-0C8DF4463B48.jpeg
    EA68A0E8-213E-435B-AB29-0C8DF4463B48.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 94
  • 74553338-0A48-45D3-8E41-D6BEF1727FEE.jpeg
    74553338-0A48-45D3-8E41-D6BEF1727FEE.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 92
  • 546F1480-E747-4204-9D07-8FA5C88C44B0.jpeg
    546F1480-E747-4204-9D07-8FA5C88C44B0.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 93
Last edited:
   / Kioti 60” Finish mower question #2  
Welcome. Undo the vertical shaft in the first picture and remove the funky bushing from below the arm and install it above the orange horizontal arm. All 4wheels. Not sure if they’re home made or what? It must have been used to cut quite high? Keep us posted…

/ Kioti 60” Finish mower question
Sadly that bottom “bushing” seems to be part of the actual wheel shaft itself.My goal was to do what you’re thinking but with it being the wheel shaft I am fully unable to remove anything to allow me to lift up the wheel anymore. Hopefully my latest picture shows the shaft properly and what I mean.

If i understand everything correctly it looks like I’ll need either new wheels that don’t change diameter at the bottom like mine, or grind “up” the flanges on the bottom of the arms (which I would rather not do for safety reasons).

Attachments

• 92AF98BD-D288-4145-8A49-DB9C195FF2A3.jpeg
    92AF98BD-D288-4145-8A49-DB9C195FF2A3.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 60
   / Kioti 60” Finish mower question #4  
I don't have a finishing mower so I'm not of much help but I'd suggest asking the dealer you bought it from to confirm what the height range is for that mower deck and see if that is the same as what yours can do. Secondly see if those wheels are the stock ones that came on the deck? Maybe they got replaced at some point? If so it's possible the stock ones would not have as much of a collar on them allowing them to go higher.
Again the dealer can confirm that.

E.

/ Kioti 60” Finish mower question #5  
In your first post, second picture. Someone welded a piece of pipe and gusset in there (under the support arms) to raise the cut height and removed the height adjuster shims.
That is not factory.
Cut that pipe/gusset off and get the correct height adjuster shims

Last edited:
   / Kioti 60” Finish mower question #6  
Hmmm quick google looking for pics of the mower I don't see those brackets on the underside of the deck? I wonder if your deck has been modified? I'd definitely go back to the dealer and get confirmation. Ultimately if you want that deck to cut lower something has to be changed - either the wheels on the 4 corners need to be changed out or those support brackets have to be cut down to use the existing wheels and that will also require additional spacers to go on the top side to take up the slack.

E.

I “knew” I was right but had to check. After talking with my wife I’ll be looking at new wheels to see if any are made without the added “thickness” at the bottom, and depending price/availability I no longer mind grinding up on those added supports on each arm.

Thanks to everyone for helping me out.

/ Kioti 60” Finish mower question #8  
Replacing the wheels would be the costly and not the problem.
Its where the vertical shaft slides in the tube of the mower support arms that's the issue. Someone welded a piece of pipe in there so you can't lower the mower.
It needs removed so you can shim the mower to hieght

Replacing the wheels would be the costly and not the problem.
Its where the vertical shaft slides in the tube of the mower support arms that's the issue. Someone welded a piece of pipe in there so you can't lower the mower.
It needs removed so you can shim the mower to hieght
After looking I agree. I found some without an added chunk at the bottom I am quite sure will fit and allow more height adjustment, however they’re $70 a corner and quickly realized it’ll be cheaper and easier for everyone if I simple buy some shims and cut off those additions. Right now that’s the plan. Appreciated