Kioti CK3510Hst PTO lever (manual) won't engage

/ Kioti CK3510Hst PTO lever (manual) won't engage #1  

CoyotKid

Tractor
Kioti CK3510
This is a repeat of a question about the PTO on a 2018 Kioti CK3510HST. I think the original question was posted in 2019 but when you are old, time flies, minds wander. At that time, the PTO would not engage after sucking up a piece of 4x4 into a flail mower while clearing some tall brush. The mower ate the belts which I replaced but I could not engage the manual lever for the PTO. It is attached to a shaft that goes into the case under the operator's seat. From the first posting I got a couple of suggestions for things to check, but nothing fixed the problem. Then after switching implements, (mower to box blade to back blade), the PTO started working -(mystically/ magically - I guess after praying to the Coyote gods). I mowed in 2020 with no issues other than replacing belts on the mower. This year I was out mowing and the PTO lever disengaged on its own. I was able to stop, re-engage the PTO and continue mowing. This happened again twice in about three hundred yards and now the PTO lever will not engage. Engine, transmission, FEL and 3pt are operating properly. The 5 A fuse for the PTO is good. Hydraulic level was down about 1/8th of an inch on the dipstick. Refilled to the proper level. Still nothing. I am looking for suggestions before I call the dealer because it could probably be an operator goof up since I am known to all to do stuff <grin>.

/ Kioti CK3510Hst PTO lever (manual) won't engage #2  
If I understand correctly, you have a manual lever and a electric switch that engages and disengages the PTO. If so maybe try cycling the switch on and back off then try the lever.

That does not explain the lever disengaging on it's own but may let you engage it again.

/ Kioti CK3510Hst PTO lever (manual) won't engage
On my model there is no electric switch, it is strictly a manual lever, depress the clutch, move the lever. I have tried switching the ignition on and off, thinking the computer keeps a reset counter but no success there. Thanks for the suggestion.

/ Kioti CK3510Hst PTO lever (manual) won't engage #4  
While not an HST; from another forum since seems to possibly describes your pto version, maybe it will help:

"
Your CK3510SE has a 2 stage live PTO clutch, with a PTO cable on the left to engage the PTO. Its a very simple process to engage the PTO on this tractor.

1. Make sure your clutch cable is working fine, maybe it needs adjustment due to initial wear.
2. Make sure your not in neutral gear
3. Make sure your PTO cable is working fine. Maybe it needs some adjustment.

You can troubleshoot if the PTO is engaging properly by DOING the following: with the tractor off, engage your PTO. Now try to start the tractor. If you cannot start your tractor, your PTO cable has successfully engaged the PTO. At least that part is working fine.
"

The other half of the thread discussed two other pto types the Kioti could have (other two are electric).

/ Kioti CK3510Hst PTO lever (manual) won't engage #5  
On my model there is no electric switch, it is strictly a manual lever, depress the clutch, move the lever. I have tried switching the ignition on and off, thinking the computer keeps a reset counter but no success there. Thanks for the suggestion.

Ok that make sense. I was confused because you said the 5 amp fuse was good.

I would start by checking for movement of the linkage or cable to make sure everything is moving freely. Like Caustic said, it may just need adjusting.