Kioti DK551C - Good or not & what to look out for..?

/ Kioti DK551C - Good or not & what to look out for..? #1  

Localmotion

Gold Member
Tractor
New Holland 50-86 / Siromer 204S / Case CK-28 / Cat 302.5 / Nissan L35.09 / Nissan Atleon 110
I am going to view a used 2008, 900hrs Kioti DK551C with FEL tomorrow and would like some pointers of what to look out for - common faults, wear points etc... The tractor appears to be priced too cheap, but I do know of the owner (a competitor) and know he is getting out of contracting because of ill health, so it may just be that he genuinely wants a quick sale...

I know nothing about Kioti so any advice / tips before buying would be appreciated please...

/ Kioti DK551C - Good or not & what to look out for..? #2  
IMO, the DK551 (aka DK55s) is an excellent machine, depending on condition, but I don't have any experience with the turbo. Condition and proper scheduled maintenance are of paramount importance. One common problem with 2005-2008 models is broken gear teeth in the injection pump but economical repair methods exist now. This is a pre-computer model that is very suitable for owner maintenance. I would look for rust, especially under the rubber floor mat and for oil and coolant leaks. Look for signs of abuse and poor maintenance. If it looks good you might consider a compression test and inspect the main clutch for excessive wear.

Last edited: