Kioti - issue with hydraulic "hunting"

/ Kioti - issue with hydraulic "hunting" #1  

sendero

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti DK35
I have a DK35 that is about 18 years old with 300 hours. It has performed flawlessly throughout this time. Yesterday, I was out to grab a load of sand. I had the box blade raised up, and was using the FEL. While idling I noticed the tractor "shake" every 3-4 seconds. I looked around and the box blade was falling about a half inch from its position and then immediately rising back up, all on its own of course.

I thought maybe I was low on hydraulic fluid but it looks fine. What is the likely cause of this?

/ Kioti - issue with hydraulic "hunting" #2  
Sounds like either leaking seals on the 3PH lift cylinder or a leak in 3 PH control valve

if you have a rate drop control possibly try closing that to lock 3PH in raised position on most tractors this isolates the control valve from the lift cylinder so if drifts down would point towards leaking seals on cylinder

/ Kioti - issue with hydraulic "hunting" #3  
I'm wondering if the linkage between the 3PH control lever and the valve needs to be adjusted.

/ Kioti - issue with hydraulic "hunting"
Sounds like either leaking seals on the 3PH lift cylinder or a leak in 3 PH control valve

if you have a rate drop control possibly try closing that to lock 3PH in raised position on most tractors this isolates the control valve from the lift cylinder so if drifts down would point towards leaking seals on cylinder
Thanks - I did that and the box blade remained in the raised position. Looks like my Kioti is going to the shop for the first time :)

/ Kioti - issue with hydraulic "hunting" #5  
sendero
Ditto on likely faulty RS piston seals creating 3 pt hitch hiccups. If you have any mechanical skills the rockshaft piston seals don't require the knowledge of a rocket scientist to R&R. I perform nearly 100% of my tractor/equipment repairs at my farm.

/ Kioti - issue with hydraulic "hunting" #6  
Does it perhaps need an adjustment to the MLS valve?