Kioti LB 1914 running really rich

/ Kioti LB 1914 running really rich #1  

Lyons1

Tractor
Yanmar YM2210D Grey Market
When I got this tractor I was told it needed injectors. Supposed to have new rings and pistons. Ran but really allot of black smoke sometimes white mixed in and reduced power. I put in some new injectors. They were Kubota injectors. Looked and fit the same. The part number was even the same except the last digit Kubota 15271-5302-0 Kioti 15271-5302-1. They look the same, measure the same, fit and run but I have the same issue same with running very rich. The new ones even run richer than the old ones. Looking for a next step to try? Anybody got any suggestions what to try next. Any way to lean it out? Working on cars and trucks all my life. Not much experience with diesel and next to nothing on tractors.

/ Kioti LB 1914 running really rich #2  
It's not turbocharged is it? I don't think it is. You shouldn't have any smoke when it's running. Black smoke on diesels means incomplete burn which can be timing, or over fueling or something with compression. One of those things is keeping the diesel/air mist from burning all the way.
You have to check timing first, then look at the injection pump for proper settings, and lastly the injectors. A compression check is in order firstly.

/ Kioti LB 1914 running really rich
Not turbo charged. I will check off what you suggested. I am starting to get concerned that the guy who did the piston rings did not do a proper break in. Two of the three injectors were wet when i pulled them. Put the old ones back and it ran a little better. Thinking it may just be the injectors but I will go through the other stuff first. Thanks for the suggestions...

/ Kioti LB 1914 running really rich #4  
Find your injection pump, then look to the left and right of it.. there should be a fuel adjustment screw, directly inline w the control rack of the injection pump.
The screw should have a tamper proof cap on it.
The person who did the o/h
may have ripped it off and turned something he shouldn’t have..