Kioti LB1914 overheating

/ Kioti LB1914 overheating #1  

Lyons1

Tractor
Yanmar YM2210D Grey Market
Hi, I have a Kioti LB 1914. I am having overheating issues. Runs for about 20 minutes then starts to overheat and blowing coolant out the overflow. Changed out the Cap and the thermostat. Replaced the sending unit. The radiator seems to be OK and pretty sure the water pump is working. Looked through the hose port and could see the shaft turning. I have some bad injectors and I am waiting for delivery of some new ones. The ones in there not spraying and load up the fuel so its running rich. Would injectors being bad cause overheating? Trying to figure out if I should wait for injectors before pulling the radiator and water pump. Appreciate any advice or tips on what might cause overheating that I may have missed. Thanks...Don

/ Kioti LB1914 overheating #2  
I have a second or third hand L185DT that would run pretty hot, then I had a radiator fan shaft bearing let go. While replacing that, I found that my radiator fins were about 70% blocked with mud of some kind. No idea who did it or how long it was like that, but it sure has run cooler for the past 4 years.

Checked the radiator fins for anything clogging them?

/ Kioti LB1914 overheating #3  
I just went through the same problem on my mower. It turned out the pretty clean radiator was really quite plugged. Also check the fan belt and make sure it isn’t slipping.

/ Kioti LB1914 overheating #4  
As mentioned above radiators can become clogged with dust, mud, or whatever. You can blow the stuff out or hose it with water. Go from the back to the front to revers the path from which it came. Make sure your fan belt is properly tensioned.

/ Kioti LB1914 overheating #5  
Get yourself a 'Radiator Genie from Amazon and use it regularly. Just because you 'think' the rad is clean, it's probably stuffed up with all sorts of junk.

/ Kioti LB1914 overheating
Thanks. Much appreciated advice. I guess I am going to run some cleaner through radiator then pull it and assure it is clean inside and out.

/ Kioti LB1914 overheating #7  
I would start by cleaning the exterior of the rad weather it looks clean or not. You may need a pressure washer to reall get the fins clean, just be carefull.

/ Kioti LB1914 overheating
That was it. The fins looked clean from the outside. I was sure it was not the problem. Pulled it and you could not see anything through the fins holding it up to the sun. Pressure washed it with fan spray. Re installed it and is running cool. One note, do not use the pin point spray on the pressure washer it will flatten the fins. Did that to a couple inches of fins, discovered it the hard way. Thanks for pointing out the obvious. Clogged fins was the cause.... :)

/ Kioti LB1914 overheating #9  
Some times you can prop a flashlight behind the rad and take a look in the front to check it. The crap builds up in there quite fast over time.