Kioti LK2554, LK3054 & Kubota L2500DT Power Steering Units

/ Kioti LK2554, LK3054 & Kubota L2500DT Power Steering Units #1  

K5lwq

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti LK2554, Branson 4815C, Satoh Beaver, Speedex
It appears that Kubota and Kioti use the same power steering unit on the LK2554, some LK3054 and the Kubota L2500DT.

Kioti Part Number T2540-A0030

Kubota Part Number 35270-16100

Kioti does not have a complete parts list for the unit that I have found. Kubota has a nice parts list.

Parts from Kubota are quite a bit cheaper than from Kioti for this unit.

What I know is the sector output shaft, Kioti part 35270-16600 and Kubota part 35270-16600, are the same. They happen to use the same part number for this shaft. Also the sector shaft seals and needle bearings are the same.

Kioti shows only the outer oil seal for the sector shaft which is in fact just a dust seal. If the inner seal (Kubota calls it a gasket) is leaking, replacing the outer seal does not help. The pressure inside the unit will actually push the dust seal out.

If you are going in after that inner seal, make sure you order the needle bearing as well. It is pressed in and will be destroyed when you remove it. To help with install of the new seal and bearing, put it in the freezer over night. Just make sure you tell the wife so she does not take it out to show you later what fell out of her freezer. That seams to delay the project. Also, I used a 3/4" bolt, nut and washers to press the new bearing in. I used a cat 1 to cat 2 top link bushing to keep things centered. Then just a 3/4 bushing inside the top link bushing to make a nice fit. Really helped aligning everything.

What I think is the rest of the unit parts will be the same although I have not verified this. They certainly look identical.

I can provide more detail for the repair I did if anyone needs the help. Just wanted to post this in case anyone ever needed the info.

Last edited:
   / Kioti LK2554, LK3054 & Kubota L2500DT Power Steering Units #2  
I had the seal fail on my LK3054 about 10 years ago and found the attached post. Has been good every since.
OK, so I don't post often enough to add a link, but search for DSinOR April '07. He posted a very detailed procedure and parts list.
Thanks K5lwq, info like this is priceless!
Patrick

/ Kioti LK2554, LK3054 & Kubota L2500DT Power Steering Units
Thanks Patrick! Keep the posts coming! I am sure you have a lot to offer with your experience and people will really appreciate the help! :thumbsup: