Kioti Nx5510 with cab weight question

/ Kioti Nx5510 with cab weight question #1  

nwut05

Gold Member
Tractor
New Holland T-1510, T 4.75
Hello again, I am Looking really seriously at the KIOTI nx5510cab tractor gear shuttle shift ag tires r1. The weight of the machine is where i am trying to decide if it's heavy enough. Specs list it at 4551lbs . Now i assume thats without loader, and i plan on running Fluid in rear tires also. What do You think the total weight would be if i go this route. Is 6500lbs a good guess.

I will be using it in Southwest Va. Northeast Tn. and we have hills for hay fields. I run a NH269 Square baler and a Case 3450 Round baler. It will run the NH Square fine, But the round Baler is where i want to make sure i've got plenty of u'mph...I would estimate that baler at 2,000lbs empty and about 3 full bale, I'm thinking i would be good to go just want other opinions.

/ Kioti Nx5510 with cab weight question #2  
L3560 weighs 3,880lbs with cab, bare tractor.

I came out around 6,100lbs operating weight if I did my math right. LA805 loader alone weighs nearly 1,300lbs, without the bucket.

The M7060 cab tips the scales at 5,400lbs, bare tractor. There's a poster here who's operating weight with that machine exceeds 10,000lbs.

I think you'll sail past 6,500lbs with that machine.

/ Kioti Nx5510 with cab weight question
L3560 weighs 3,880lbs with cab, bare tractor.

I came out around 6,100lbs operating weight if I did my math right. LA805 loader alone weighs nearly 1,300lbs, without the bucket.

The M7060 cab tips the scales at 5,400lbs, bare tractor. There's a poster here who's operating weight with that machine exceeds 10,000lbs.

I think you'll sail past 6,500lbs with that machine.

Thank's, I have always been a New Holland owner and just sold a WM60 and it was built much heavier and all best i could tell it was near 8300lbs with loader still have a T1510 and Probably will never get rid of it. Of course the WM 60 handled the balers with no problems. I'm just trying to be a better judge of my choices with this purchase and give a lot of brands a fair shake. But like i say bang for buck and the reputation of KIOTI so far has been a big impact on even considering one.

/ Kioti Nx5510 with cab weight question #4  
Thank's, I have always been a New Holland owner and just sold a WM60 and it was built much heavier and all best i could tell it was near 8300lbs with loader still have a T1510 and Probably will never get rid of it. Of course the WM 60 handled the balers with no problems. I'm just trying to be a better judge of my choices with this purchase and give a lot of brands a fair shake. But like i say bang for buck and the reputation of KIOTI so far has been a big impact on even considering one.

Tractor to tractor you're only losing 480lbs from the WM60 4x4(5,059) to the NX5510 gear cab(4,579). I couldn't find how much the KL6010 loader weighs, but I'd bet it's more than 1,500lbs. Depending on if you get R1 or R4 tires you can get 920lbs or 1,178lbs of rimguard.

So a quick bit of math and some assumptions....Operating weight would be at least 7,000lbs. Possibly closer to 7,500lbs if you got R4s and the loader is heavier than my wild guess. You could also get cast wheel centers and wheel weights. Probably push you up to 8,000lbs, or close to it.

Tractor to tractor you're only losing 480lbs from the WM60 4x4(5,059) to the NX5510 gear cab(4,579). I couldn't find how much the KL6010 loader weighs, but I'd bet it's more than 1,500lbs. Depending on if you get R1 or R4 tires you can get 920lbs or 1,178lbs of rimguard.

So a quick bit of math and some assumptions....Operating weight would be at least 7,000lbs. Possibly closer to 7,500lbs if you got R4s and the loader is heavier than my wild guess. You could also get cast wheel centers and wheel weights. Probably push you up to 8,000lbs, or close to it.

Thats even better numbers than i was guessing. I would get the R1 tires and it would be the Methanol fluid blend around here, Just don't see much beet juice in this area. Thank You your post was very helpful, sometimes i just get clouded by the numbers:rolleyes:

/ Kioti Nx5510 with cab weight question #6  
I have the same tractor in an HST, Loaded Ag tires set at the widest width for stability it measures 81.5 inches, easily 7k pounds with loader.

/ Kioti Nx5510 with cab weight question #7  
The loader weighs 1307 pounds.

I have the same tractor in an HST, Loaded Ag tires set at the widest width for stability it measures 81.5 inches, easily 7k pounds with loader.

Thanks, the width has concerned me a little too and i was planning on setting it as wide as it would go so your measurement helps. Over all how do you like the tractor, any problems to speak of and how long have you had it, thanks again.

/ Kioti Nx5510 with cab weight question #9  
Thats even better numbers than i was guessing. I would get the R1 tires and it would be the Methanol fluid blend around here, Just don't see much beet juice in this area. Thank You your post was very helpful, sometimes i just get clouded by the numbers:rolleyes:

I think the last time I looked there was one tire store in Kingsport that was a RimGaurd dealer. All the Co-Ops and most tire stores use the methanol blend. It's cheap and it works. I filled mine myself with RV antifreeze and water.

These newer tractors are a different animal when it comes to weight, aren't they? My 3000 has a base operational weight of 4185 lbs as a 2wd with no cab or ROPS, plus loaded oversized tires and an old-school ford 1200 loader with a full subframe. I'm sure I would fall over if I took it across the scales. The front tires cut a groove everywhere they go...

I think you will like that Kioti. A friend of mine has the DK55C and he swears by it. He was a green man through and through ...until he bought a bad one. The Kioti was the best trade he could get on it and he has never looked back.

I think the last time I looked there was one tire store in Kingsport that was a RimGaurd dealer. All the Co-Ops and most tire stores use the methanol blend. It's cheap and it works. I filled mine myself with RV antifreeze and water.

These newer tractors are a different animal when it comes to weight, aren't they? My 3000 has a base operational weight of 4185 lbs as a 2wd with no cab or ROPS, plus loaded oversized tires and an old-school ford 1200 loader with a full subframe. I'm sure I would fall over if I took it across the scales. The front tires cut a groove everywhere they go...

I think you will like that Kioti. A friend of mine has the DK55C and he swears by it. He was a green man through and through ...until he bought a bad one. The Kioti was the best trade he could get on it and he has never looked back.

Different breed of tractor....You bet...I have been on all the machines in the tri cities tn. in the last two weeks excluding deere, mahindra and branson. And what i have found for myself is pound for price and weight to price it' going to be hard to beat a new holland workmaster utility or kubota m5660suhd utility. The steel is just so much heavier in the new holland...and kubota frames that you really don't notice it til you look at a lot of tractors. Now that being said, Price for features.....that's where the kioti shines but, I keep thinking is the NX series big enough?...... Heavy enough?... even with the loader and loaded tires?.... Is the cab worth the brand name trade off? resale value? is it too far to the nearest dealer Sneedville tn.? all these questions to answer.

By the way you are correct on the beet juice the one tire store i know of is in Bluff City and thats the only one. the rest just use the methanol blend.