Kioti parking brake failure...has this happened to you?

/ Kioti parking brake failure...has this happened to you? #11  
Good job. Looks like the original was just made from soft steel. Your "custom" part should last much longer.

/ Kioti parking brake failure...has this happened to you? #12  
THANKS for the heads-up will check my 05 CK30hst today and grease it at least. I wish I could weld like that. Mike

/ Kioti parking brake failure...has this happened to you? #13  
mrutkaus;3393037........................ I wish I could weld like that. Mike[/QUOTE said:
Good welding is a matter of luck; The more you practice, the 'luckier' you get :)

/ Kioti parking brake failure...has this happened to you? #14  
Pick-up beds and firewood both make excellent mobile workbenches don't they?

Nice work, it looks like it should outlast the original.

/ Kioti parking brake failure...has this happened to you? #15  
Good welding is a matter of luck; The more you practice, the 'luckier' you get :)

+1 on that.. when I dont weld for a while, I get "rusty", and have to re-learn or sharpen my skills. The best way to get good at welding is practice... a lot!

/ Kioti parking brake failure...has this happened to you?

Yeah, I will go with that.

Modern welders are great, helping to make us better weldors. Practice, practice, practice. This was
done with my Hobart Ironman 210 MIG w/ Ar/CO2 gas, .035 ER70S wire. Sure beats the old
AC tombstone stick welders I started with many decades ago.

Pick-up beds and firewood both make excellent mobile workbenches don't they?

Thx, MILK. The pickup bed is a custom UTV (RTV) hauler tilt-bed trailer I am making for someone, and the firewood
is my new anvil support block. An anvil's hardie-hole makes a good support while the paint dries on the lever.

/ Kioti parking brake failure...has this happened to you? #18  
Nice redux! To answer your original question: I did have a problem with the PB on my DK-35. I use the following method with my PB: I push the brake pedals down with my left foot and pickup the lever for the PB with my right foot until satisfied the tractor is held in place. To release I push down on both brake pedals with BOTH feet to make the brake release. Otherwise the release can be difficult to effect. Somehow the small spring you show in your pics got stretched and I bought another, but traded the machine before getting to replace it, and whatever else was not working. I suspect same situation as what you found. Certainly a weak link for an important function.:confused2:

/ Kioti parking brake failure...has this happened to you? #19  
Yeah. Parking brake went out on my CK30 last year, too.

Parking brake went out on my CK30 last year, too.

Did it fail the same way? How many hours? Did you just buy a new locking lever?