Kioti parking brake failure...has this happened to you?

/ Kioti parking brake failure...has this happened to you? #31  
Yeah, the CK30's range shift lever can easily be snagged with the hip or pant leg. I have been meaning to shorten
it a bit. Fortunate thing (!) in my case is the range-shifter is hard to move.

On my first tractor, the range-shift was in same place, but super-easy to shift into neutral unintentionally. In that
case, a Kubota L2550DT, it was a gear trans, and I got in trouble a few times on slopes.

The HST is the best of the safety devices I currently have, as long as it is not shifted into neutral. On a slope,
if the parking brake fails (or I do not have the FEL jambed into the ground), the tractor only creeps downhill
slowly. Even on steep slopes.

Interesting about how HST's are so nice to operate when getting off and on. My older Cub Cadet was a pleasure to use with the HST for that same reason. Not to forget to mention that you could shift the tractor forward or back by just pushing on the pedal to load the bucket, line up attachments etc. I always made sure I had the brake on slightly just in case.

Last edited:
   / Kioti parking brake failure...has this happened to you? #32  
2020 CK3510SE Hst. 330 hours and have same issue

/ Kioti parking brake failure...has this happened to you? #33  
2020 CK3510SE Hst. 330 hours and have same issue
Step on the brake then push down the lock lever. Release the brake to lock the pedals. If you are holding down the lock lever while stepping on the brake pedals you are prematurely wearing out the lock tabs. To release the brake pedals just step on them. The lock lever will release by itself.

/ Kioti parking brake failure...has this happened to you? #34  
Had a CK27 for 6 yrs and over 3000 hrs . I use the parkbreak multipul times every day ,living on a mt side. Never a mins. problem and no sign of premature wear. Maybe I used it like Jim r suggests.

/ Kioti parking brake failure...has this happened to you? #35  
Step on the brake then push down the lock lever. Release the brake to lock the pedals. If you are holding down the lock lever while stepping on the brake pedals you are prematurely wearing out the lock tabs. To release the brake pedals just step on them. The lock lever will release by itself.
That’s how I’ve been doing it- although I have to lift up the brake lever while pushing the brake pedal - only have one pedal on hst

/ Kioti parking brake failure...has this happened to you? #36  
That’s how I’ve been doing it- although I have to lift up the brake lever while pushing the brake pedal - only have one pedal on hst
My NX4510HST has 2 pedals and the brake locking lever has a spring on the lever to keep it up off the brake levers.

/ Kioti parking brake failure...has this happened to you? #37  
You are saying that the locking lever for your brakes rides on the brake pedal lever all the time?

/ Kioti parking brake failure...has this happened to you? #39  
Looks to me like a good place for heat treatment. Metal is too soft.

Harder metal would help. I can use two feet to set my brake pedals by putting one foot on the locking lever and the other on the brake pedals. If I was to push down on both of them at the same time. That would cause some serious wear on those locking tabs.

/ Kioti parking brake failure...has this happened to you?
Looks to me like a good place for heat treatment. Metal is too soft.
Yeah, I agree the metal is too soft. And mild steel is not very heat-treatable.

My Kioti is nearing 1000hr, and the parking brake is holding up due to my modifications. I have to set my PB nearly all the time, and sometimes to the second click on steep slopes.

I don't know why others have not reported this problem. The PB is not that important if your grounds are mostly level and you have HST. The only level ground I have is in the shelter where I park the tractor.