Kitty standing up to a fox

/ Kitty standing up to a fox #1  

TractorGuy

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 4310 CUT, Ford New Holland 575E Industrial Backhoe, John Deere F725 Front Mount Mower
Just got a Wyze cam pan/tilt/zoom. First time out it captured our cat standing up to a fox.

Something has been digging in our plants on the front porch so I got this camera to monitor the activity.

/ Kitty standing up to a fox #2  
Pretty "ballzy" cat. Fox wasn't really that hungry. Does your camera respond to and capture movement?

/ Kitty standing up to a fox
Pretty "ballzy" cat. Fox wasn't really that hungry. Does your camera respond to and capture movement?

This camera tracks movement and sound. It made this recording on it's own merit tracking the foxs movements. It pans and tilts. When I walk out on the porch it follows my movement and the lens tilts up to capture my height.

They say it keeps 14 days of events on the cloud and starts to overwrite the recordings for free. I also put a 64 gig SD card in this one but that may be a waste. My nephew has a couple of the fixed versions that do not track and pan and he just uses the cloud storage offered by WYZE. I wouldn't hesitate tyo buy another and not bother putting in an sd card.

The only drawback is these are not waterproof or rated for outdoor use and they require power. It came with a power supply so I just plugged it in on the porch outlet.

These are CHEAP! Wyze | Making Great Technology Accessible | Smart Home Devices

/ Kitty standing up to a fox #4  
Wow! Most encounters like that are chalked up to a win for the fox. Glad your cat is ok. And that camera is impressive for the pricez

This cat doesn't take any crap off any other critter that I've seen. We have feral cats, racoon, fox, and possums all caught on camera on our back patio. Some of the feral cats have tried her a few times but not lately.

/ Kitty standing up to a fox #6  
Hope the cat realize he got 9lives and just use 1. :eek:

Hope the cat realize he got 9lives and just use 1. :eek:

This cat used up all it's lives when it was young. She used to run through the trees like a squirrel. I think she fell off the house a couple of times and finally quit climbing.

This little fox is just a curious critter. It has walked up the porch on several occasions with us sitting there. It tends to just check us out and move on.

/ Kitty standing up to a fox #8  
Most foxes around here don't fancy a fight with a cat, have seen encounters many times and does a cat sitt in the road the fox dosent try to pass, it takes a long detour around the cat.

Most foxes around here don't fancy a fight with a cat, have seen encounters many times and does a cat sitt in the road the fox dosent try to pass, it takes a long detour around the cat.

Not many critters will stand toe to toe with a cat that will face their attacker and fight. Most cats will run and that is what gets them killed.

/ Kitty standing up to a fox #10  
A cat fight in slow motion is an amazing energy display, a fur ball of flying box cutters with teeth.