Knockoff Dewlat Batteries won't take a charge

/ Knockoff Dewlat Batteries won't take a charge #21  
Some of the old chargers are for charging NiCad batteries only.

/ Knockoff Dewlat Batteries won't take a charge #22  
Tech is the best/worst at this.

Many companies look at the Trillions of $ that Apple has made, and said "Gonna get me Some Too".

Not hating on Makita...... I have a # of their corded tools that I really like, and a lot of years ago, I bought their smallest drill that had a replaceable battery when I was almost in the Middle of Nowhere on a company job. It was perfect for the interior metal cabinet retrofits we were doing.

I talked to a mechanic a few years back, he was not happy with his Snap On branded cordless drill - the battery packs went Obsolete really fast - like 2-3 years after production start.

Somebody like Dewalt or Makita should have a bit more influence over battery pack Lifecycle/Obsolescence than a player who is late to the game...... but the bottom line is if it's not your own factory, you don't 100% control what happens.

If we are going to really get serious about All this Greeness going on flipping things to electric...... it would be interesting to see the Pack Recovery (re-cycling) stats broken down by Manufacturer.

Safe Bet - all these modern tool and EV battery packs are way behind the recycling %'s on 12v FLA Pb batteries.....

Rgds, D.
Another thought; if this is the wave of government mandated future, perhaps it's time that they also mandate standardized batteries.

/ Knockoff Dewlat Batteries won't take a charge #23  
I have filed warranty claims for handheld battery powered products for different replacement unit or full refunds to customers because the battery packs were no longer available within 1 year of production of the product.
Good thing yours was an isolated case..... otherwise our landfills would be filling up fast.

Heavy Sarcasm now Off......

Rgds, D.

Last edited:
   / Knockoff Dewlat Batteries won't take a charge #24  
You realize the OPs tools are a decade old or more. Dewalt has been using the flat top lithium batteries for a long time. And there’s been a LOT of advancement in that time.
Different Wants/Needs.

A lot of the consumer market wants fast innovation, in everything...... "kids" who grew up in the cell phone era are conditioned to this, and some would have no inkling of what old product life cycles were.

Some people will want bluetooth etc on their power tools, and the lastest other whistles, and will buy the latest/greatest in volume.

Not suggesting any of the above applies to you 4570.... just that I have an awareness of today's market.

I can buy a good quality corded tool today, and about all I'll need to do to it is replace the AC cord, and maybe brushes over 1 or 2+ decades, both of which I can do myself, and at low cost. To me, that represents good value, but doesn't mean much/anything depending on your Needs/Wants/Tool Budget.....

Rgds, D.

/ Knockoff Dewlat Batteries won't take a charge #25  
Another thought; if this is the wave of government mandated future, perhaps it's time that they also mandate standardized batteries.
Logical thought there.... but I suspect it won't happen.

Rgds, D.

/ Knockoff Dewlat Batteries won't take a charge #26  
Different Wants/Needs.

A lot of the consumer market wants fast innovation, in everything...... "kids" who grew up in the cell phone era are conditioned to this, and some would have no inkling of what old product life cycles were.

Some people will want bluetooth etc on their power tools, and the lastest other whistles, and will buy the latest/greatest in volume.

Not suggesting any of the above applies to you 4570.... just that I have an awareness of today's market.

I can buy a good quality corded tool today, and about all I'll need to do to it is replace the AC cord, and maybe brushes over 1 or 2+ decades, both of which I can do myself, and at low cost. To me, that represents good value, but doesn't mean much/anything depending on your Needs/Wants/Tool Budget.....

Rgds, D.

I wasn’t implying that every option didn’t have a place but basing your opinion of cordless tools off something that’s a decade old and way out of date is miss leading at best. I’m not one to go out and buy the newest model of everything either but there’s a huge difference in a brushless lithium battery tool and a nicad battery one.

/ Knockoff Dewlat Batteries won't take a charge #27  
Not standardized batteries, but logenvity of supprt. Mandate that batteries for any tool be available from tha manufacturer for a minimum of 10, maybe 15 years. That alone would get companies to think when developing new lines. This is not more government, or government overreach, since consumer protection laws are already in place.

/ Knockoff Dewlat Batteries won't take a charge #28  
@Diggin It And as of March 31 2022 Makita will no longer make gas powered tools, Electric or battery operated only. No more gas blowers or chainsaws.

My impression is that Makita is a very small player in the gas powered tool market. Probably not worth it to compete with the market leaders.

/ Knockoff Dewlat Batteries won't take a charge #29  
I have had Milwaukee for at least 10 years, the 1 Amp batteries are still working fine. Not as strong as they were, but they are good enough. Maybe just good luck? All backwards compatible.

That said I do love my gas powered tools as well especially Chainsaws!

/ Knockoff Dewlat Batteries won't take a charge #30  
You realize the OPs tools are a decade old or more. Dewalt has been using the flat top lithium batteries for a long time. And there’s been a LOT of advancement in that time.

I have Ryobi tools that are 20 years old give or take and I can still buy batteries. Ryobi are not top of the line but sure support their legacy products. What good is a quality tool if the manufacturer does not support it?