Kohler command CH 670 life expectancy

/ Kohler command CH 670 life expectancy #1  

Cub gt 2544=best

Silver Member
Tractor
2007 Cub Cadet GT 2544
Hi everyone this is my first post so bare with me if this doesn’t sound good but I have an 2007 cub cadet gt 2544 with a 06 or 07 Kohler command CH 670 that is the original engine. Has 265 hours on it and I was wondering how long should these engines run for? Is there any major problems with these commands. I’ve seen a couple of people say that there oil pump gear broke but that doesn’t seem to common. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

/ Kohler command CH 670 life expectancy
Thanks guys for the replies this cub 2544 is a real excellent machine!

/ Kohler command CH 670 life expectancy #5  
I don't know abut Kohler Command engines, but my 1976 John Deere 300 still has the original Kohler K341 engine, except the connecting rod which shattered about 25 years ago and I replaced.
Tough little engine in a tough little tractor!

/ Kohler command CH 670 life expectancy
Thanks for the reply!

/ Kohler command CH 670 life expectancy #7  
Hi everyone this is my first post so bare with me if this doesn’t sound good but I have an 2007 cub cadet gt 2544 with a 06 or 07 Kohler command CH 670 that is the original engine. Has 265 hours on it and I was wondering how long should these engines run for? Is there any major problems with these commands. I’ve seen a couple of people say that there oil pump gear broke but that doesn’t seem to common. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I've seen lots of command engines with over 1000 hours and several with near or over 2000.
Biggest issue is head gaskets, if they smoke they need head gaskets.

/ Kohler command CH 670 life expectancy #8  
I had a 2004 3235 with a Command 25 engine that blew a head gasket at 400+ hours. Some of the head bolts were barely more than finger tight. After gasket replacement I torqued all the bolts and left the shrouds off so I could run the engine up to operating temperature and then re-torque them all again. No problems after that.
Bob B. 2015 Enduro XT3 GSX

/ Kohler command CH 670 life expectancy #9  
@Bob_Bainbridge there were issues with the early command 25 and blown head gaskets due to thin material between the cylinder wall and the push rod cavity. An updated head gasket kit was utilized that had a fire ring around the cylinder walls and that seems to have mostly stopped the issues. Do you have the newer style with the fire ring or the older head gaskets.

/ Kohler command CH 670 life expectancy #10  
I've had an Enduro XT3 GSX since 2015 so I don't know what the head gaskets looked like anymore. The 3235 set a record for having the original battery (11 years old and still working great) but not much else was good. Wore out a couple set of 54 inch deck wheels and brackets, bad vacuum PTO engager, front engine oil seal etc.
Bob B.