Kubota 2010 L5740 HST Running RoUgH

/ Kubota 2010 L5740 HST Running RoUgH #1  

nebraskasparks

Gold Member
Tractor
2010 Kubota L5740 HST and JD X734
Did all my servicing a couple weeks ago. New hydraulic fluids and filters, fuel filter, air filter, oil and filter. Cleaned everything and greased everything. Ran great for a week. Did some weed tilling for about 20 minutes today when tractor started running rough, rpm swinging from 300 to 1400 (where I had it set manually). Let it run at idle for 5 minutes and appeared to stabilize. Put it under load with tiller and after 5 minutes...same thing. Do I have some sort of fuel contamination or has anyone run across this before with the 5740? This tractor has done nothing except perform perfectly for the past 5 years till today.

Looking for the easy fix!

/ Kubota 2010 L5740 HST Running RoUgH #2  
If it will idle fine, but surges/struggles under load, it sure sounds like a fuel delivery problem. I'd bet money it's simply a clogged fuel filter. Even though you just installed a new fuel filter, all it would take would be one or two tanks with fuel that has some contaminants in it.

/ Kubota 2010 L5740 HST Running RoUgH #3  
How old is the diesel fuel? How much did u run it before servicing?

Guessing fuel filter. Did you bleed it and follow the procedures in the manual?

/ Kubota 2010 L5740 HST Running RoUgH #4  
Sounds like air in your fuel system. or a filter got put on backwards... you would be surprised how easy it is to flip around the inner air filter when your in a hurry

/ Kubota 2010 L5740 HST Running RoUgH
Thanks fellas...will be checking filters and bleeding the system today.