Kubota 26.5 hp 4x4 tractor with loader, near MINT condition

Item Details
Type
Tractor
Make
Kubota
For sale is my prize tractor with loader, I bought new in 1989. Kubota L2250 (26.5 HP) 4 wheel drive with 639 original hours. It has factory options like larger tires (12.4-24 rear), aux hydraulics front and rear, live PTO center and 2 speed rear (540-1000), power steering, left hand shuttle shift with 8 speed trans with a new in box (never installed creeper gear), grill guard, BF400 quick attach loader, 3pt hitch, wet disc brake, double disc clutch, diff lock, double hyd pumps for steering and implements, . The left hand shuttle allows you to shift directions and work the loader simultaneously unlike my John Deere that has both on the right side.
Rear tires are weighted with a rim guard liquid ballast.
These model tractors were some of the last direct injection mechanical diesels made with no regards for emissions but instead prioritized fuel economy, long term reliability and power. NO electronics and yet it will start without the equipped preheat down to 23 deg F and with the preheater down to -13deg F!
Ever wonder why there are so many relatively new tractors for sale like M7060痴 and you have a hard time finding M7040痴? Seems the old ones are more reliable!
I bought this tractor when I lived on 3 acres. It has always been kept in a garage and only used for snow removal, grass cutting and fork lift. In 2006 I moved to a 27 acre lot and bought a M5040 which received most of the use. In fact at that time I took the loader off and it has not been put back on since. The tractor was now only used for grass, standby generator (we have lost power for up to 7 days straight), and for log splitting and with a Farmi winch to pull the trees in the right direction as I cut them. It has original paint that is still as shinny as the day I bought it. The creeper gear was not installed because I didn稚 want my brand new tractor opened up by the dealer and planned on doing it myself when it came time to replace the clutch. So far the clutch has never even needed to be adjusted so it never happened.
Is it pricey? Well if you consider the new minimum wage, it is only 6 months of salary....at minimum wage, for a like-new tractor that could last your lifetime.

Attachments

• cloud 4.JPG
    cloud 4.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 260
  • cloud 3.JPG
    cloud 3.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 216
  • cloud 2.JPG
    cloud 2.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 174
  • cloud 10.JPG
    cloud 10.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 170
  • cloud 11.JPG
    cloud 11.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 153
  • 000_0002.JPG
    000_0002.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 155
  • left engine 2.jpeg
    left engine 2.jpeg
    484.7 KB · Views: 163
  • cln1.JPG
    cln1.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 168
  • cln.JPG
    cln.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 149
  • cln3.JPG
    cln3.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 167
  • cloud 9.JPG
    cloud 9.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 180
   / Kubota 26.5 hp 4x4 tractor with loader, near MINT condition #11  
Based on the new COVID work environment and such, I calculate that he will have to pay me $25,000 to take it off his hands. :laughing:

/ Kubota 26.5 hp 4x4 tractor with loader, near MINT condition #12  
Sadly, minimum wage is still only $7.25/hr, which puts the asking price at $7,540. $5,500-$6,000 looks closer to me, even though it is a creampuff.

/ Kubota 26.5 hp 4x4 tractor with loader, near MINT condition #13  
Nice tractor but a real turn off with having to guess a price. as always there is a catch with no price. I'll pass

/ Kubota 26.5 hp 4x4 tractor with loader, near MINT condition #14  
Sadly, minimum wage is still only $7.25/hr...
He's from Connecticut and minimum wage is $12.00 as of September 1, 2020; so we are looking at $12,480. I would buy it at that price**

(** ...if he throws in the M5040 with the deal) :D Oh, and the Farmi winch!

/ Kubota 26.5 hp 4x4 tractor with loader, near MINT condition #15  
I think it is a nice tractor, in great shape. How about selling raffle tickets on it ? Would that work ? LOL

/ Kubota 26.5 hp 4x4 tractor with loader, near MINT condition
Sorry about not listing the price, it is $14900 or best offer. I copied and pasted from craigslist and as you know you enter the price in a separate area which I forgot here. I agree it is expensive, but on the same note, it is rare to find one in this condition. You can find a cheaper one, but I doubt if you could find a better one.. I don't believe the new ones are the same quality and then throw in the emissions crap and higher injection pressures etc. These where made with different goals in mind and it is a simple tractor with no cruise control or LCD screens. Honestly, have you noticed more M7060 tractors or M7040 tractors for sale? Why is that?

Oh, I was referring to the new Federal Minimum wage that our new President signed into effect, $15 per hour.

And a raffle would probably work, but I would bet its illegal, oopps there is more gambling...

/ Kubota 26.5 hp 4x4 tractor with loader, near MINT condition #18  
I didn't see that it had a loader with my earlier comment. On Tractor house the same model with loader runs from $6,900 - $10,900. The OP's tractor is in very nice shape, but there are lots of newer 30-35hp CUTs for $12k-$14k.

Loader pics attached, Again, sorry for forgetting to list the asking price of $14900.:ashamed:

Attachments

• w loader 2.jpeg
    w loader 2.jpeg
    336.6 KB · Views: 112
  • w loader.jpeg
    w loader.jpeg
    523.2 KB · Views: 96
   / Kubota 26.5 hp 4x4 tractor with loader, near MINT condition #20  
I also missed the loader. So it's not cheap, but it's certainly a different package with the loader. I'd take a look if I had a need.