Price Check Kubota 2920 Price Check

/ Kubota 2920 Price Check
I appreciate all the opinions, negative or positive. It has taken me a year to get the money together for this purchase. I don't want to make a mistake with this. It is hard to keep the buying fever in check.

/ Kubota 2920 Price Check #12  
I have just read about some problems with a sticky HST pedal with this model. Is something anyone here has experienced?

I never experienced that with mine, however I greased the pedal shaft regularly like called out in the manual. I remember some minor sticking in the mechanism for cruise control and brake, but that was easily fixed with a shot of spray lube. Pretty much any mechanism on a tractor can start to stick if it needs lube.

/ Kubota 2920 Price Check #13  
As far as value of implements, it depends on the brand and duty rating, and condition. A used box blade could be worth $100 - $400 in that size. New medium duty 4' box blades run about $350-450.

/ Kubota 2920 Price Check #14  
The sticking pedals is nothing more than the need for some lubricant on the mechanism. It's a common issue that isn't anywhere near as serious as many seem to elude to. Took me 30 seconds to make my pedals free and smooth again after I bought my 2620.

/ Kubota 2920 Price Check #15  
The "sticky" HST pedal is usually a lack of grease on that zerk. Based on my outdated information the FEL is about $3200. Rocky might be right in saying it isn't a steal, but it at least sounds like "fair" price to me. That model is no longer in production as I understand, but it is a pre Tier 4 model, which some would prefer. Even without those implements, it still looks like a good deal to me. The implements would make this even better, if they are in decent shape.
Cheers,
Mike

Thanks for all the replies. I hope to get pictures of the implements within a couple of hours. That will help me fine tune my offer. I would want to put a FEL on it. At 4-5K installed that would really not make this deal feasible. However, I can purchase a loader from ColdwaterTractors for $2500 delivered which I would have the capability to install myself. I talked to the owner of Coldwater this morning and he assured me his loader is made at least as well as the Kubota branded loader. The Coldwater loader is not as pretty but I don't care about that. It seems to be rugged. Will post implement pics as soon as I get them.

Here are the pics of the bush hog, box blade, rake, disc, and there is also a cultivator that is part of the package. I am considering offering $9000. hog.jpgbox.jpgrake.jpgdisc.jpgcultivator.jpg

/ Kubota 2920 Price Check #18  
Here are the pics of the bush hog, box blade, rake, disc, and there is also a cultivator that is part of the package. I am considering offering $9000.View attachment 395517View attachment 395518View attachment 395519View attachment 395520View attachment 395521

9K sounds pretty decemt if the 2920 is in really nice shape. The extra attachments are nice.

Just for reference, I paid 13.5K for my B2920/FEL/R4's + loaded rears with 26 hours in the fall of '13. Factory LA364 FEL.

I don't know anything about Coldwater loaders. I would make a few calls to price a OEM loader before buying the aftermarket. It can't hurt. I would think you should be able to get one well under 4K. I can tell you after adding a OEM belly mower, snow blade, and back-hoe, it uses the loader sub-frame as attachment points. I wouldn't think that you would have the same compatibility with an aftermarket loader, but I don't know for sure. If you have no interest on adding any of those OEM attachments, then it is a moot point. Just something to consider.

After 236 hours, I have not had experienced any hydro pedal sticking problems. I hit all the grease fittings (loader/tractor/hoe) often, and I always store inside.

/ Kubota 2920 Price Check #19  
I read your posts and out of curiosity went to tractorhouse and searched Kubota 2920. A dealer in Lafayette Louisiana had a 2008, 2920, FEL and rear finish mower with 112 hrs. for 10.5k. It also looked like new.

I agree with what Rocky said, don't let those implements muddy the waters. They would be nice and I could be wrong, but from the photos they appear to be well used smaller off brand pieces. Not to say they wouldn't function fine, just don't overvalue them.

I don't mean to put you off your deal at all and 9k would seem pretty fair. But since you want a loader (agree with that) consider what buck boost wrote. Btw, I had a 2920 and no question it is a reliable strong machine...don't worry about sticking hydro pedal reference. Good luck!

/ Kubota 2920 Price Check #20