Kubota 3 months out

/ Kubota 3 months out #1  

B7510HSD

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B2601
Looking to purchase a new B2601 and they are saying 3 months out. Even at that the Loader Backhoe and Grapple could take longer. I guess I am having a hard time understanding the delays!!

/ Kubota 3 months out #3  
Pretty simple really. Demand outstripped the supply and the virus has caused the parts supply to collapse.

I'm wanting the buy a new Kubota Round baler, there aren't any to be had anywhere around here.

3 months ain't bad, I cannot even get a tentative build date on a new round bailer.

/ Kubota 3 months out
Thanks for the response I do not think the CHIP would have anything to do with it.

/ Kubota 3 months out #5  
Lots of other factors involved like procurement of steel for instance. Steel is up per ton, over 150% from last year.

I would expect a hefty increase in pricing on any new tractor now.

/ Kubota 3 months out #7  
I bought a L3301 package deal + backhoe last June. December before I had all the pieces.

/ Kubota 3 months out #9  
I tried all last year to trade In my low hour B2601 TLBMMM ON A BX1880LMMM. Hard to get at the time,nonexistent now. Working on a GR deal now. Inventory Zero within hours of me.

/ Kubota 3 months out #10  
Multiple layers upon layers of snafus have everything messed up. Covid shutdowns slowed things down, trying to get them back going with socially distancing / sanitizing / PPE etc slowed production down once it restarted. The whole time people are spending and purchasing like madmen on things that you couldn't have predicted the consumption of would go up so drastically (tractors, RVs, boats, home improvement, etc). Usually in times of uncertainty all those things tank.

OK so things get back going and now there are goods coming across the water but wait, another problem. Long Beach, CA is a the major port of entry for things coming from the Orient. California had some of the most strict and drawn out quarantine regs in place. This caused a major backup of freight sitting offshore that couldn't unload. There were also many distribution centers there that either couldn't work due to covid regs or were severely restricted. Since they couldn't unload that means they weren't going back with containers. Now freight is sitting in other countries with no container to load it in nor a ship to load it on.

Freight starts moving a little better and production is in full swing so now commodity prices have skyrocketed and China is hoarding steel, copper etc.
And the list goes on and on...