Kubota B21 Hydraulic Hose Replacement

/ Kubota B21 Hydraulic Hose Replacement #1  

goeduck

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota, Massey, Iseki
Dos anyone have an inventory of the hydraulic hoses on a B21 or know where I can get such a list? Mine are getting tired and rather than replace them as they go bad I would rather do the whole enchilada. I am not looking for factory $$$ hose part numbers, I am looking for a list with length with fitting types on each end so I can have them made up. I can obviously make the list but I thought one might be out there in TBN land to save measuring time.

/ Kubota B21 Hydraulic Hose Replacement #2  
Thought I replied to this!
I have asked the same Q before, so if you have no luck, and pull all yours out and accurately measure them and note the fittings, I'd be happy for a copy of the information!

/ Kubota B21 Hydraulic Hose Replacement #3  
Pull them all, identify and match mark so you get them back right. Take to your hose shop and have new ones made. Now you have the inventory to share and for the future. My BX WSM does not have such info, PM does not give the detailed info.

Ron

/ Kubota B21 Hydraulic Hose Replacement #4  
Pull them all, identify and match mark so you get them back right. Take to your hose shop and have new ones made. Now you have the inventory to share and for the future. My BX WSM does not have such info, PM does not give the detailed info.

Ron

I don't think ALL is the right term here. At least with my BX2200 several of the hydraulic hoses (steering for example) are buried in the chassis on at least one end and require removal of significant sheet metal and/or subassemblies of the tractor in order to remove/install. The easy ones are the loader hoses. I think most users wait until one hose fails and then replace them in pairs. I know you are trying to be proactive but unless you do all the work yourself the labor on sheet metal removal and other disassembly will be way more costly than those hoses. In most ways the hoses are the least of your problems.

/ Kubota B21 Hydraulic Hose Replacement #5  
Just take the machine to your local hydraulic hose supplier and let them do them all. Once one of them goes from age, they all will follow.

/ Kubota B21 Hydraulic Hose Replacement #6  
I don't think ALL is the right term here.
Maybe not, but it probably is a lot easier for the backhoe, where they need to be threaded through the boom. I have recently blown 3 on the FEL and one rear that goes to the hoe, the loop/bypass hose. These are all easy to get to and are all on the tractor/FEL. None on the hoe yet, the hoe may have been manufactured/fitted with different hose (haven't checked) and may not fail at the same time. But if a hoe hose goes, I guess I will be up for the lot on it together.

/ Kubota B21 Hydraulic Hose Replacement
I don't think ALL is the right term here. At least with my BX2200 several of the hydraulic hoses (steering for example) are buried in the chassis on at least one end and require removal of significant sheet metal and/or subassemblies of the tractor in order to remove/install. The easy ones are the loader hoses. I think most users wait until one hose fails and then replace them in pairs. I know you are trying to be proactive but unless you do all the work yourself the labor on sheet metal removal and other disassembly will be way more costly than those hoses. In most ways the hoses are the least of your problems.

I do not think many of the B21 hoses are buried in the sheet metal and those that are are not weathered/abraided and not as much of a concern. I do not mind doing the work at all I just thought there might be a list out there. I likely will order in line since local hydraulic shops want your first born for their gold plated hoses. At least that has been my experience.

/ Kubota B21 Hydraulic Hose Replacement
Maybe not, but it probably is a lot easier for the backhoe, where they need to be threaded through the boom. I have recently blown 3 on the FEL and one rear that goes to the hoe, the loop/bypass hose. These are all easy to get to and are all on the tractor/FEL. None on the hoe yet, the hoe may have been manufactured/fitted with different hose (haven't checked) and may not fail at the same time. But if a hoe hose goes, I guess I will be up for the lot on it together.

Mine is a used B21 and the backhoe was obviously the most used part of the unit. I need to re hose it at some point and redo the cylinder seals. But for right now with spring coming on the 3 point and PTO will get the most work. So I took the backhoe off. What a chore since I had the dreaded siezed up release lever. Then the 3 Point apparently had never been used and was stuck. I got that freed up and am looking forward to this great little tractor.

/ Kubota B21 Hydraulic Hose Replacement #9  
So I took the backhoe off. What a chore since I had the dreaded siezed up release lever.
Mine was rusted solid, both sides, many hours in getting it freed up, now it goes on and off in a jiffy.

/ Kubota B21 Hydraulic Hose Replacement #10  
We've had several hoses made up at O'Reilly's Auto. MUCH cheaper than at most other shops, and they're same quality.