Kubota B2159 front drive shaft and U-joint removal

/ Kubota B2159 front drive shaft and U-joint removal #1  

Threepoint

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B2150HST w/ LA350 loader, Kubota GF1800 HST, Kioti CK3510SE HST w/ KL4030 loader, Kioti NX4510HST/cab w/ KL6010 loader
After many years of reliable service, I broke the U-joint between the transmission shaft and front drive shaft on a B2150HSD with 4WD. Looks like to replace the U-joint, I'll need to (1) remove the front drive shaft (with half the broken U-joint pinned to it), then (2) somehow separate the rest of the U-joint from the transmission shaft, to which it is splined and presumably pinned. The clearances look ridiculously tight, plus the tractor has an LA350 loader mounted.

Gaining access is my big concern. Can anyone tell me how big a job this is on this tractor, and if, as a practical matter, it can be done without a lift, and without removing parts of the frame and/or other major components to gain access? I'd like to do this myself but don't want to be crazy about it. Thanks for any help.

/ Kubota B2159 front drive shaft and U-joint removal #2  
On my b7800 with the 402 loader I removed the loader subframe and then it wasn't bad at all to get the pins out and shaft out. Without taking the subframe out it might be a bear to get the shaft out. I had to use a floor jack to hold and move the subframe.

/ Kubota B2159 front drive shaft and U-joint removal
Thanks for the reply, Leejohn. I'm getting conflicting advice on the B2150 from different dealerships. A tech at one says the tractor must be split to remove the yoke/U-joint assembly, the other dealer says not. Need to look into this a bit more.