Snow Kubota B2789 rear vs. BX2750 front blowers

/ Kubota B2789 rear vs. BX2750 front blowers #1  

check

Elite Member
Dorset (cottage country) and Toronto, Ontario, Can
Tractor
2009 Kubota BX25
I just checked the Kubota website, and I found out that the rear mount snowblower weighs 425 pounds versus only 200 pounds for the front mount model. Also the B2789 rear mount costs about half what the front mount costs, and yet it is much more sturdy than the front mount.

A big question for me is, how do the performances compare? I know that the rear mount model is almost 5 inches higher and 1 inch wider, but how about their snow throwing capabilities compare? Do, for example, the different PTO speeds make a difference?

Ok guys, chime in, and I'll start with the "crook in my neck" disadvantage of the rear mount, which I have.

/ Kubota B2789 rear vs. BX2750 front blowers #2  
I just checked the Kubota website, and I found out that the rear mount snowblower weighs 425 pounds versus only 200 pounds for the front mount model. Also the B2789 rear mount costs about half what the front mount costs, and yet it is much more sturdy than the front mount.

A big question for me is, how do the performances compare? I know that the rear mount model is almost 5 inches higher and 1 inch wider, but how about their snow throwing capabilities compare? Do, for example, the different PTO speeds make a difference?

Ok guys, chime in, and I'll start with the "crook in my neck" disadvantage of the rear mount, which I have.

i haven't seen the kubota/land pride front mount blowers, but yesterday seen a kubota rear mount. the build quality is impressive. very heavy duty. the initial price seemed low, $2100 for the blower, but need to add $180 for manual direction turn, or $1800 for hydrolic turn. :dae1:nc

/ Kubota B2789 rear vs. BX2750 front blowers #3  
I run a Meteor 60" rear-mount blower. Personally I prefer it over the front mount. As you pointed out, it's cheaper and more rugged. In addition to being more expensive, use of a front mount disables the use of your bucket. Plus you lose ground clearance due to the sub frame and the pto shaft coming from the mid point of your tractor. To me, a tractor being able to switch between two attachments is nirvana. Try hauling firewood on a cold winter day with a front-mounted blower.

Attachments

• Kubota B3030 w Bucket of Firewood.jpg
    Kubota B3030 w Bucket of Firewood.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 774
   / Kubota B2789 rear vs. BX2750 front blowers #4  
how do you find it driving backwards. i assume you have the rotation and pitch adjustment elect or hydro because of the cab limited access to the rear?

/ Kubota B2789 rear vs. BX2750 front blowers #5  
I have had and used both front and rear...As previously stated the obvious advantage of the front mount is not having to twist around to see where you're going. The speeds of both front and rear are the same. The front mount has a reduction gear/chain to reduce the front mount pto 2500rpm to approx 540 where as the rear mount gets fed directly from the rear pto 540. The additional cost of the front mount is due to the sub frame mount and hydraulic lift/lower ( and opyional hyd chute rotate and deflector.
I currently run a front mount on my B2650HSDC doing rural residential driveways that takes me 2-5 hours per snow fall depending on the amount of snow and a rear mount just wouldn't do my old aching back any good....All depends on your usage as both work equally well.

/ Kubota B2789 rear vs. BX2750 front blowers #6  
how do you find it driving backwards. i assume you have the rotation and pitch adjustment elect or hydro because of the cab limited access to the rear?

I like keeping things simple and old school. I "turn the crank Frank" manually to rotate the chute by opening the rear window.

Attachments

• Kubota B3030 & Meteor Snowblower.jpg
    Kubota B3030 & Meteor Snowblower.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 1,044
   / Kubota B2789 rear vs. BX2750 front blowers
i haven't seen the kubota/land pride front mount blowers, but yesterday seen a kubota rear mount. the build quality is impressive. very heavy duty. the initial price seemed low, $2100 for the blower, but need to add $180 for manual direction turn, or $1800 for hydrolic turn. :dae1:nc

1800 bucks for a hydraulic chute - wow! I could buy another blower for that. (My blower cost $1793 plus tax installed, including the PTO shaft, but that was in October of 2010.) I'll stick my hand out and turn the manual crank, thank you.

/ Kubota B2789 rear vs. BX2750 front blowers #8  

Not for nothing, but I think the front mount blowers are a horrible rip-off. they cost the same as similar rear-mount, and are 1/4 the weight. PTO mount blowers are made out of plate steel, and are designed to have their transmissions in the rear, so the whole chain-drive auger is open and the transmission is protected. The front mount blowers are built with the same design and materials that walk-behind blowers use, with thin stamped-steel body and a weak tranny hanging right out front just waiting to be smashed. For the $2000 a BX2750 blower costs, I can buy a similarly sized walk-behind, except with the walk-behind, I get an engine, wheels, and drive transmission.

I have a BX2750 that I recently did a full restoration on, as the PO had somehow mangled the heck out of it by sucking up a rock or 50. I made some design changes based on my 3pt blower, such as extending the side skids to full-depth, and adding a blade on the fan's chute entrance. I have the BX blower only as an emergency backup to my big 3pt blower that is on my L4200 (which could easily eat a car). There is no comparison between the two different types of blowers - total apples vs oranges.

Attachments

• IMG_0956.JPG
    IMG_0956.JPG
    987.2 KB · Views: 1,375
   / Kubota B2789 rear vs. BX2750 front blowers #9  
I have a rear mount snowblower on my BX22 (Pronovost Puma 54") and it's great. I can't imagine not having the use of my front bucket. As for driving backwards, I sit side saddle and use my heel on the HST pedal, it works fine. And I have a very long driveway, over 500' with curves. I also have side view mirrors, which come in handy when maneuvering in tight spaces with that bad boy hanging off the back.

Attachments

• bota1.jpg
    bota1.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 1,505
  • bota2.jpg
    bota2.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 920
   / Kubota B2789 rear vs. BX2750 front blowers #10  
The front mount blowers are built with the same design and materials that walk-behind blowers use, with thin stamped-steel body and a weak tranny hanging right out front just waiting to be smashed.

Must be a bx feature...The B2782 hanging off the front of my bota ain't stamped steel....3/16 welded.

Last edited: