kubota backhoe on a yanmar

/ kubota backhoe on a yanmar #1  

shovelrider

Silver Member
Tractor
YM1700 w / fel
I had an older Kubota bh on yanmar 1700 before. But, that was an older one. My question has anyone attached a 98' or in the 90s, kubota bh on yanmar? I read somewhere, that a newer kubota won't fit spline, i don't know. Backhoe attachment is a 4672, 6.5' reach and self contain unit, pump runs off pto. I know the yanmar has a 6-spline and i think 1 3/8" dia. shaft. But i was just wondering if anyone has one fitted to their tractor. Thanx

/ kubota backhoe on a yanmar #2  
I had an older Kubota bh on yanmar 1700 before. But, that was an older one. My question has anyone attached a 98' or in the 90s, kubota bh on yanmar? I read somewhere, that a newer kubota won't fit spline, i don't know. Backhoe attachment is a 4672, 6.5' reach and self contain unit, pump runs off pto. I know the yanmar has a 6-spline and i think 1 3/8" dia. shaft. But i was just wondering if anyone has one fitted to their tractor. Thanx

That 4672A looks so close to a Yanmar model of the same 90's era. hmmmm

My neighbor with an 8N has a Yanmar version like that Kubota. He has this interface coupling to connect the PTO spline to the BH.

Would the YM1700 work better with a BH vs. the YM1720? Or does the YM1700 already have a sub-frame for a BH use?

/ kubota backhoe on a yanmar
A guy near me has a 98' Kubota 4672 bh, attachment. Bought it with the orig. manual, i want it, if the PTO turn the same. And are the same size as my 1700. I will be putting it on my, 83' 1720d, why i ask is this kinda deal hardly comes my way. And if the pto rotation and size matches my tractor, it's sold. O yeah, the he just texted said it was CW rotat.. I guess hyd. pumps aren't by-directional huh? ym1700 ccw (pto)

Last edited:
   / kubota backhoe on a yanmar #4  
A guy near me has a 98' Kubota 4672 bh, attachment. Bought it with the orig. manual, i want it, if the PTO turn the same. And are the same size as my 1700. I will be putting it on my, 83' 1720d, why i ask is this kinda deal hardly comes my way. And if the pto rotation and size matches my tractor, it's sold. O yeah, the he just texted said it was CW rotat.. I guess hyd. pumps aren't by-directional huh? ym1700 ccw (pto)

So the YM1720 spins the other way?

No Sir, And boy howdy do i feel like a fool. Had my wife, while she was out near tractor, to spin the pto. In order to dbl make sure it was a cw rotation. I had forgotten, it was in neutral / not engaged, so when she turned it(of course it'll go either way) with the override on shaft she said ccw. Hence, this dumb question (post). Anyways going tomorrow and hook it up, to make sure it performs as it should. And yes i have a sub-frame on this tractor, but not yet on the 1720d 83'. But it will in time, as this attachment will be perm. mounted to it, along with a fel.. Thanx for putting up with an old fart, that has CRS more than he'd like to admit, lol.
DSCN0893.jpg
DSCN0894.jpg

/ kubota backhoe on a yanmar #6  
No Sir, And boy howdy do i feel like a fool. Had my wife, while she was out near tractor, to spin the pto. In order to dbl make sure it was a cw rotation. I had forgotten, it was in neutral / not engaged, so when she turned it(of course it'll go either way) with the override on shaft she said ccw. Hence, this dumb question (post). Anyways going tomorrow and hook it up, to make sure it performs as it should. And yes i have a sub-frame on this tractor, but not yet on the 1720d 83'. But it will in time, as this attachment will be perm. mounted to it, along with a fel.. Thanx for putting up with an old fart, that has CRS more than he'd like to admit, lol.View attachment 695526View attachment 695527

NICE.

Also ask for the cinder block support system. ;)

It last along time, i have had a diff. and heavier bh on it b4. Plus it has a sub-frame under tractor. So, i think i'll be ok, we sandy soil 12", then into clay here.

/ kubota backhoe on a yanmar #9  
Remember to check if you have draft control on the 3pt and if so be SURE TO TURN IT OFF!

U betcha, lol. will post pix, when it stops raining. Need to get that pole barn started, not a big one(20x30) to put tractors and equip. under. Will have to wait til after they put stint in. Prolly this mid-summer hopefully. I hate having good/nice equip. and leave out covered w / tarp.