Kubota BH70 vs. BH77

/ Kubota BH70 vs. BH77 #1  

Idahomestead

Tractor
Husqvarna TS354XD
I had originally decided on a BX23s for maintenance and landscaping projects in my small acreage but decided it was too small after going to the dealership. I have trenching to do and have decided in a backhoe instead of renting a mini ex. I looked at the B2601 and the LX2610 and was initially leaning towards the LX because of how comfortable it was for me. However, it is my understanding that the nice seat on the LX is swapped for a swivel seat when the backhoe is installed. I really liked the BH77 but the LX/BH77 is about 3k more. I understand that the BH77 had a full 180 degree swing arc and the BH70 is only 140. Since the LX/BH is not that much more comfortable, is the extra capability of the BH77 worth 3 grand? How helpful is the full 180 degree swing arc?

/ Kubota BH70 vs. BH77 #2  
I had originally decided on a BX23s for maintenance and landscaping projects in my small acreage but decided it was too small after going to the dealership. I have trenching to do and have decided in a backhoe instead of renting a mini ex. I looked at the B2601 and the LX2610 and was initially leaning towards the LX because of how comfortable it was for me. However, it is my understanding that the nice seat on the LX is swapped for a swivel seat when the backhoe is installed. I really liked the BH77 but the LX/BH77 is about 3k more. I understand that the BH77 had a full 180 degree swing arc and the BH70 is only 140. Since the LX/BH is not that much more comfortable, is the extra capability of the BH77 worth 3 grand? How helpful is the full 180 degree swing arc?

It all depends on what you will do with the machine. If you are mainly doing trenching then it might not be all that important to be able to swing 180 degrees. However if you are doing some projects that are in tighter spaces that extra 20 degrees on either side can make all the difference. If it were me I would likely spend the extra and have the full 180. But then again it all depends on your financial situation as well.

Another thing to consider is a thumb. They are invaluable!!

Just my 2 cents.

/ Kubota BH70 vs. BH77 #3  
I'd definitely go for the 180 degree swing. I've had 6 backhoes and only one had less than 180. It drove me crazy.

To me the 180 is much more important than a thumb.

Andy

/ Kubota BH70 vs. BH77
I'd definitely go for the 180 degree swing. I've had 6 backhoes and only one had less than 180. It drove me crazy.

To me the 180 is much more important than a thumb.

Andy
What situations did you need the full 180? I have no experience so I appreciate your input

/ Kubota BH70 vs. BH77 #5  
What situations did you need the full 180? I have no experience so I appreciate your input

The full swing makes it easier to keep dirt further from the trench and gives you more reach if your digging a bigger hole or a stump

/ Kubota BH70 vs. BH77 #6  
I own a BH77 that fits on my L3800. I would not like the limited swing ability. That's just for digging. There has been times when I needed a little more room in the barn so that by swinging the boom to the side I can make room for me or the utv. I take the seat of in the winter as rain and snow will get into it and ruin it.