Kubota BX2200 loader will not go up or down

/ Kubota BX2200 loader will not go up or down #1  

DKing1941

Tractor
Kubota BX2200
My loader will not go up or down. The bucket will still turn down or up but the loader itself just stopped going up or down while I was using it. The control arm will still flip the bucket u
DSCN7888.JPG
DSCN7889.JPG
DSCN7890.JPG
p or down when I move the control arm right or left, but won't move at all when I push forward or downward. The control arm itself will not move up or down.

/ Kubota BX2200 loader will not go up or down #2  
Check the linkage from the Joystick to the actual valve under the top cover, 3 bolts to get it off.

/ Kubota BX2200 loader will not go up or down
Did that and do not see anything loose or missing. If I push the lever forward it will move about a 1/16" is all and nothing happens with the loader. If I pull back on the lever, it doesn't move at all. It's like it's locked in place. Right and left lever movements remain okay. The bucket moves up and down normally.

Attachments

• DSCN7891.JPG
    DSCN7891.JPG
    707.6 KB · Views: 138
  • DSCN7892.JPG
    DSCN7892.JPG
    693.4 KB · Views: 120
   / Kubota BX2200 loader will not go up or down #4  
If you disconnect the linkage at circled area you will be able to find out if it is the joystick or inside the valve
image1.png

/ Kubota BX2200 loader will not go up or down #6  
Check the hydraulic "quick connects" if you have them on your loader. Chances are one is not fully connected.

This is your most likely problem given symptoms. Do this first.

Also, does it have a joystick lock? If so make sure that isn't engaged or partially engaged. Usually a small lever near the joystick.

/ Kubota BX2200 loader will not go up or down #7  
This is your most likely problem given symptoms. Do this first.

Also, does it have a joystick lock? If so make sure that isn't engaged or partially engaged. Usually a small lever near the joystick.

That would have been my suggestion too but it seems the spool isn't moving and I don't believe there is any lock. My BX22 does not have one. OP needs to do as Eagle1 suggested and determine if the lever/linkage is stuck or if the spool is stuck.

/ Kubota BX2200 loader will not go up or down #8  
Looking closer at the picture looks like the loader valve may be stuck in the FLOAT position, all the way forward. I've heard of the detente mechanism failing. All that stuff is under that long cap on the bottom of the valve normally some bearing balls and spring that will try violently to escape when disassembled.
Loader - FEL stuck in Float position

/ Kubota BX2200 loader will not go up or down #9  
Switch ur hoses from bucket to boom, does it work?

/ Kubota BX2200 loader will not go up or down #10  
Looking closer at the picture looks like the loader valve may be stuck in the FLOAT position, all the way forward. I've heard of the detente mechanism failing. All that stuff is under that long cap on the bottom of the valve normally some bearing balls and spring that will try violently to escape when disassembled.
Loader - FEL stuck in Float position

Good observation. There should be clean spool showing if it was in neutral. Pulling back on the lever would pull it out of the float position provided it's not being blocked mechanically. Note to the OP that float position is detented so it will take some force to pull it out of that position.

Edited to add that the third picture clearly shows the lever clear forward in float position and that there is a sort of lock but that it is not in the locked position. I never use that thing and had forgotten it existed. (the lock, use the float regularly)

Last edited: