Kubota BX2680 with Curtis Deluxe Cab Installation and added lights

/ Kubota BX2680 with Curtis Deluxe Cab Installation and added lights #1  

robstaples

Gold Member
Tractor
kubota / L39 TLB, BX2680
I am in the process of switching from a Kubota B3350 cab to a BX 2680 with cab. To save a little money and to more easily add custom lights, I decided to do the install. The short story- Curtis and Kubota did a fabulous job! And read all the instructions,...First! Hard to do!
The cab came in one big box (like 6ft tall) on a pallet. Not having forks handy, we opened and removed piece by piece. Like you would expect, 4 walls and a roof and some boxes containing heater, wipers, and light kits and assembly parts.
The instructions are very clear and step-by-step. The time estimates are for an experienced installer and maybe two people. Total predicted time: 10 hours for all the kits : base cab was 4hr, seal kit 2.5, heater 2hr, and lights 1, wipers 1hr. Actual was easily twice that.
There are several online videos on the fit and finish of the cab. So all I would add is the doors close tight and feel solid. The seal kit closes down the floor openings for better heat control.
The above portion of the front windshield is a double walled cavity that has room for wires and switches and breakers. That upper wire cavity had pre-punched holes for 4 switches and 6 push/reset breakers for each function. I bought their front and rear light kit which came with switches and wire harness. All kits came with all parts needed. I did not have to drill anywhere. I mounted all my extra lights with rare earth magnets.
I added light bar on windshield and one on the ROPS. The ROPS one can be turned around to the rear if I wanted (although the each magnet has 170 lbs of pull). On the back and side, I added 3 wire strobe lights. The 3 wire monetarily pulsed positive will change the pulse pattern, so I put small push buttons on a plastic panel covering the light disconnects. Having added lights in the past, with failures, I now connect all new lights with disconnects to make replacement easy.

Attachments

• basic BX2680.jpg
    basic BX2680.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 235
  • Nearly done Cab.jpg
    Nearly done Cab.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 258
  • Overhead switches.jpg
    Overhead switches.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 228
  • Lights, factory and lightbars.jpg
    Lights, factory and lightbars.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 216
  • mag attached strobes.jpg
    mag attached strobes.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 225
   / Kubota BX2680 with Curtis Deluxe Cab Installation and added lights #2  
Very nice work!

/ Kubota BX2680 with Curtis Deluxe Cab Installation and added lights #3  
I've been wanting to add LED lights to my B2320 for a while now. Really like your setup for lights, so much so that I think I'll be doing the same as you, light bar facing forward and two smaller ones towards the back. Great content and great channel. Keep the videos coming!

/ Kubota BX2680 with Curtis Deluxe Cab Installation and added lights
I've used the high strength magnets on two tractors. They work great. The light bar on top has magnets rated at over 170 lb straight off but you can slide them to the edge and it takes less force. They can pinch the sh** out of your finger if your not careful. Next time I'll but smaller force mags.