Kubota dealers in western Washington

/ Kubota dealers in western Washington #1  

frogpond

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX25D
I own a Kubota bx25d, which lives on my property near Snohomish, WA, and I am considering adding a larger tractor. I like my bx, but my local dealer in Everett has become problematic. When my wife and I bought the bx, it was from Sound Tractor, an old-time business owned by the same guy for many years. Service was great. When he retired about 2-3 years ago, the business was bought by RMT Equipment , a chain. Service deteriorated drastically (weeks of delay, lies about when the job would be done, work done that was not requested with no explanation, etc.). Today I called to get a simple part (a pin connecting a loader arm to the bucket), and found that the business has been sold again, to Kitsap Tractor, based in Silverdale. They don't have the part , because, I was told, RMT took most of the parts inventory with them. I looked at reviews on Google on Kitsap Tractor, and found a lot of customers complaining about poor service. Other Kubota dealers are quite far away. Maybe I need to look at another make of tractor.
Does anyone in this area have recommendations, either for Kubota or another brand? And does anyone have experience with Kitsap Tractor? I appreciate any advice.

/ Kubota dealers in western Washington #2  
You are not that far away but I would absolutely stay away from Issaquah Kubota.
I can't even get their sales guys to try to sell me equipment.
Went in talking to them about KX080-4 excavator (north of $100K).

They told me they would get back to me.
Never did.
I called them twice no return call.
I emailed the sales guy three times no response.

Guess what I am not buying a KX080-4 from them and probably not getting a Kubota at all.

A lot of the small time stores have been converted to big corporate stores and they just don't care anymore. JD has the same issue but just not as bad IMO. JD ran all the small operator stores out of the JD business.

/ Kubota dealers in western Washington #3  
Moved from Washington a few years back but J&I Power equipment always did right by me....it would be a drive. They had a Yelm store and a store in Olympia, when I was dealing with them the son ran the Yelm store. I went in the Olympia store once but never did business there.

/ Kubota dealers in western Washington #4  
Only JD in Washington with no complaints...

I did complain to Kubota about Kitsap because they advertised heavily and then said they could not sell to me as I was not in their territory... only time that ever happened yet they were sending used equipment to California?

/ Kubota dealers in western Washington #5  
Try Jennings Equipment in Puyallup. They are now my dealer of choice after having a fall out over service with the dealer where I bought here in Kitsap. Great service and parts departments. See Andy in sales and use my name, Ron Vietmeier. He does a lot of out side sales calls so need to call and find out when he will be in. Two other sales guys there and they are OK. Never dealt on a final sale with them.

Ron

/ Kubota dealers in western Washington
I have occasionally stopped in at Jennings for small parts, as I work in Tacoma. I have a good impression, but the problem is that they're pretty far from where my equipment lives in Snohomish county. That's not a problem for buying another tractor, but it is a problem for service, especially warranty or prescribed major maintenance. I don't have a trailering rig even for my bx, let alone for an L series machine (which I am thinking about).
I do see nice reviews of Scholten's, up in the Skagit Valley, but there's still the problem of distance.
It sounds like I shouldn't be too optimistic about Kitsap's new incarnation in Everett.

/ Kubota dealers in western Washington #7  
I have occasionally stopped in at Jennings for small parts, as I work in Tacoma. I have a good impression, but the problem is that they're pretty far from where my equipment lives in Snohomish county. That's not a problem for buying another tractor, but it is a problem for service, especially warranty or prescribed major maintenance. I don't have a trailering rig even for my bx, let alone for an L series machine (which I am thinking about).
I do see nice reviews of Scholten's, up in the Skagit Valley, but there's still the problem of distance.
It sounds like I shouldn't be too optimistic about Kitsap's new incarnation in Everett.

That is the unfortunate problem for those w/o capability to do their own maintenance or transportation. I do and have both. Its 40 miles to Jennings for me. Have only had to take my BX their once, that was for a KTAC funded major repair. Have not had any major problems with my BX in 1500 hours; all minor stuff I could fix. Jennings sends me parts via least cost route. I have not heard of any dealer who does not charge for transport. Labor rates are getting to be a killer also.

Ron

/ Kubota dealers in western Washington #8  
Kitsap Tractor must be a very very bad businessman/entity. When one buys a business one buys all its assets & liabilities unless specifically spelled out differently and that would be when liabilities exceed the assets. So what did Kitsap buy? a building on a Lot and a client list (maybe)? I don't think are are long for this world! Stay away.

/ Kubota dealers in western Washington #9  
Kitsap Tractor must be a very very bad businessman/entity. When one buys a business one buys all its assets & liabilities unless specifically spelled out differently and that would be when liabilities exceed the assets. So what did Kitsap buy? a building on a Lot and a client list (maybe)? I don't think are are long for this world! Stay away.

They have been around quite awhile. A big part of their business is in new and used construction equipment. They have good pricing for that sector. They have a large remote shop dedicated to that profit center separate from the rest of their business. In their showroom business they cater to homeowners, small property owners, and landscapers. Silverdale is not a large AG business area like Jennings in Puyallup. In the BX, B, and L lines the concentrate on volume sales not service, in my humble opinion. They do not stock many Ms. There parts stock is small compared to Jennings.

Ron

/ Kubota dealers in western Washington #10  

I’m in Canada and don’t own Kubotas although I do have a really good dealer nearby. (Island Tractor). I have always had good dealings with Schloten’s for equipment though.