Kubota F3060 PTO Shaft - OEM Replacment No Longer Available!

/ Kubota F3060 PTO Shaft - OEM Replacment No Longer Available! #1  

arto98607

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota F3060, Grasshopper 721D, Ford 1310, John Deere 440 ICD, John Deere 300
Surprise

I was recently looking for replacement PTO shaft (Part No. 70050-94620) for in-between my F3060 mower and RC72R-F30 rear discharge deck, but was told by dealer it is no longer available from Kubota!
The dealer was unable / unwilling to offer any help at all for alternatives. The PTO driveshaft 70050-94620 was listed as a $600 part when it was last available.

This was totally unexpected bad news and prompted me to urgently start looking for alternatives!

After 3600 hours of use, the drive shaft spring lock yoke splines were worn, the extension spline was worn and the bevel gearbox end yoke fit to the gearbox was worn loose.
U-Joints were the only parts without any noticeable wear.

The design of RC72R-F30 (Rear Discharge) deck uses shear-bolt only at the bevel gearbox end and has no key-way in the shaft making it slightly loose fit over time, which probably caused the extension spline in-between the yokes to wear excessively.

After some online searching I found out that the old IH Farmall Cub tractor uses the same .098"-10 spline in the PTO output shaft end where the PTO shaft yoke is connected to, and Weasler Spring-Lok yoke No. 105-0610 has a perfect fit and will also fit the U-Joints Kubota uses (which are the same as MOOG 861)

Kubota F3060 mower gearbox output shaft end will connect with Weasler part No. 105-0610:

Spring-Lock_Yoke_Weasler 105-0610.jpg

Item No. 020 is the internal gearbox PTO output shaft with .98"-10 output end spline:
1625414610777.png
1625414705894.png

All of these 12 Kubota F models use the same PTO gearbox output shaft, item 020 ( Part # K3511-14310) and have the same .98"-10 spline:

PTO Shaft_Part # K3511 - 14310.jpg

Note:

With that information I went to a local drive shaft specialty shop where the first thing I was told was Kubota uses proprietary parts and may be tough to find aftermarket replacements, but mentioning Weasler 105-0610 Spring_Lok yoke caught their attention.

Long story short, they made me a new PTO shaft out of parts found in Weasler North American Drivelines & Components catalog and the cost of new shaft was way lower than expected.
The new shaft fits perfectly and does not have any noticeable vibration - so far I have used it for about 4 hours.

IMG_5550.JPG

It's good to have a local shop and alternative supplier, especially when the OEM stops support!

In all fairness I have been able to get all other parts for my 1996 F3060 mower, it's just the uncommon rear discharge deck they have apparently stopped supporting.

All PTO shaft parts for the RC72R-F30 mower deck can be found in the Weasler catalog, pages 7 thru 11 and I think they were the source for the original US made Kubota RD deck PTO shaft parts.

IMG_5562.JPG

I will keep you posted,

Cheers

1625418825695.jpeg

Attachments

• North-American-Style-Driveline-Components-Aftermarket-Product-Guide.pdf
    3.5 MB · Views: 291
   / Kubota F3060 PTO Shaft - OEM Replacment No Longer Available!
Thanks, hopefully this thread will help someone else.

It was pretty disappointing when Kubota dealer part department informed there was nothing they could do to help!

It's only about 23 or 24 year old mower.

I went ahead and ordered another set of Weasler parts and am building spare PTO drive shaft myself, just to have a future spare.

No doubt Kubota dealer's repair shop could have helped if I had taken the mower there, but that will never happen!

/ Kubota F3060 PTO Shaft - OEM Replacment No Longer Available! #4  
It just helped me. Did you replace the output shaft from the Kubota?

/ Kubota F3060 PTO Shaft - OEM Replacment No Longer Available! #5  
I'm not noticing any play between the shafts. Just in the tractor yoke and implement yoke.
How noticeable was it with yours.
I'm thinking I can just get the cross bearings and each end yoke.
Also, what size shear bolt are you using? The hole looks threaded on one side but I'm just dropping a long bolt through and putting a nut on.
Something else I noticed. The parts diagram shows that the implement end is tube side and the tractor end is the shaft. Mine is the opposite. Not sure if that matters.

Last edited:
It just helped me. Did you replace the output shaft from the Kubota?

No not yet since it's not bad at all with the new .98"x10 Spl. yoke.
IE. The original yoke spline had more wear than the output shaft spline.

However there is some wear in the output shaft spline and I will replace it eventually.

/ Kubota F3060 PTO Shaft - OEM Replacment No Longer Available! #7  
Man, what an excellent post 👍
Gets my vote for contribution of the year.

I'm not noticing any play between the shafts. Just in the tractor yoke and implement yoke.
How noticeable was it with yours.

Mine had the most play in the "slip sleeve" to 15-spline shaft, see below.

I'm thinking I can just get the cross bearings and each end yoke.
Also, what size shear bolt are you using? The hole looks threaded on one side but I'm just dropping a long bolt through and putting a nut on.

The bearings or U-joints had no wear or play at all, they were the only PTO shaft parts in like new condition! Both yokes had noticeable wear.

I eliminated the shear bolt design (item 9 below) and instead now have keyed gearbox end yoke, item 8 below and keyed gearbox input shaft.

The OEM shear bold design yoke had worn loose on the Superior bevel gearbox shaft, and since it had became loose it caused excess wear in "slip sleeve" and 15-spline shaft, items 2 & 7 below.
This excessive wear caused vibration in the PTO shaft, which rotates at 2500 rpm.

Word of caution:
These F3060 mowers have no belts to slip in the PTO and I am well aware of what can happen if I hit a stump or boulder and am willing to take that chance!
However there is a 5/8" 5L blade to blade belt but it would take lot of torque to make that slip.

Slip Sleeve2.jpg

Something else I noticed. The parts diagram shows that the implement end is tube side and the tractor end is the shaft. Mine is the opposite. Not sure if that matters.

Sounds like someone turned it around?

/ Kubota F3060 PTO Shaft - OEM Replacment No Longer Available! #9  
Thanks, I see that listed the tractor yoke number and the moog bearing number, you wouldn't have the specific part numbers for the rest would you? I'm having a hard time figuring out exactly which parts I need.

Thanks, I see that listed the tractor yoke number and the moog bearing number, you wouldn't have the specific part numbers for the rest would you? I'm having a hard time figuring out exactly which parts I need.

You are welcome, these are the (Weasler) PTO parts shaft for my mower, but I urge you to do own homework and make sure you get parts that fit your model.

See yellow and red color markings in the enclosed.

Attachments

• Parts for my F3060.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 149
Last edited: