Kubota getting into the Hay Equipment Business?

/ Kubota getting into the Hay Equipment Business? #1  

sweettractors

Advertiser
Tractor
JD 6403 CHA-JD 3130 CHA
I saw in a trade magazine today that Kubota will be selling Disc mowers, Rotary rakes and Hay tedders. Anyone know who will be the manufacturer? Ken Sweet

/ Kubota getting into the Hay Equipment Business? #3  
Kubota has a deal with Vermeer, similar to the one they have with Land Pride.

Last edited:
   / Kubota getting into the Hay Equipment Business? #4  
My Kubota has a deal with Vermeer, similar to the one they have with Land Pride.

Now they'll have their own Kubota branded hay tools also. I just hope they don't have to stop selling Vermeer because of it. It is 40 minute a drive to the closest non-Kubota Vermeer dealer vs 5 min now.

/ Kubota getting into the Hay Equipment Business? #5  
My Kubota has a deal with Vermeer, similar to the one they have with Land Pride.

Now they'll have their own Kubota branded hay tools also. I just hope they don't have to stop selling Vermeer because of it. It is a hour drive to the closest non-Kubota Vermeer dealer vs 5 min now.

/ Kubota getting into the Hay Equipment Business? #6  
Yes, they bought Kverneland Group in 2012.

Kubota Tractor Corporation

Interesting. I didnt know that!

Side note, they also appear to be expanding the line into larger "premium" tractors. The new GrandX's for example. I remember hearing they want to be #2 to Deere within in the next few years. They'll have to expand up into the larger machines to get there. I think the GrandX is just the start of the upper end premium where they want to be

/ Kubota getting into the Hay Equipment Business? #7  
Yes, they bought Kverneland Group in 2012.

Kubota Tractor Corporation

Interesting. I didnt know that! That explains all the video's Ive seen lately of Kubota's pulling Kverneland plows.

Side note, they also appear to be expanding the line into larger "premium" tractors. The new GrandX's for example. I remember hearing they want to be #2 to Deere within in the next few years. They'll have to expand up into the larger machines to get there. I think the GrandX is just the start of the upper end premium where they want to be

/ Kubota getting into the Hay Equipment Business? #8  
Interesting. I didnt know that! That explains all the video's Ive seen lately of Kubota's pulling Kverneland plows.

Side note, they also appear to be expanding the line into larger "premium" tractors. The new GrandX's for example. I remember hearing they want to be #2 to Deere within in the next few years. They'll have to expand up into the larger machines to get there....

Kubota Searches for a Large Farm Machinery Match

This article confuses me, it appears to have been published after Kubota had struck a deal with Kverneland, but doesn't mention that deal. So are they still looking?

/ Kubota getting into the Hay Equipment Business? #9  
Kubota Searches for a Large Farm Machinery Match This article confuses me, it appears to have been published after Kubota had struck a deal with Kverneland, but doesn't mention that deal. So are they still looking?

Interviews with major Kubota execs in trade journals have focused on larger agricultural tractors. The article you provided also named most of the large ag tractor suppliers worldwide. Kverneland acquisition was purely implement, but from small (like the 5 x 16 plow behind my M135GX) to really good size plows that my largest of the Kubotas would never come close to handling. They really need tractors larger than 135 HP. That's where their interest lies but where can they find one? Like the article states JD, AGCO, and CNH are pretty much locked up. Having worked for Deutz their tractor venture in the US was a failure because they did not understand the American farmer. At Cat we joint ventured with New Holland to produce the smaller Challengers but that ended up being a financial nightmare for Cat. Medium and large tractors are tough to enter USA unless you can really nail a winner. Implements not a biggie but you need something to pull them with. No way my M135GX is going to pul a nice 40' plus disk or 36 row planter.