Kubota gr2120 deck won’t stay up

/ Kubota gr2120 deck won’t stay up #1  

Twesty32

Tractor
Kubota gr2120
I just purchased a used kubota gr2120 with 400 hours. It runs and operates great. My issue is when you raise the deck it will lower on its own after about 3 minutes. I don’t see any leaks? I was thinking it could be the the lift cylinder but the part is almost 300 bucks. I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions of ideas. Thanks

/ Kubota gr2120 deck won’t stay up #2  
Not familiar with that model , but generally speaking, if you don’t want to spend money on a new cylinder (assuming that’s the problem), maybe just chain it in the up position (or mechanically latch it somehow while it is raised).

/ Kubota gr2120 deck won’t stay up #3  
If it takes 3 min to go down I wouldn't worry about it.

/ Kubota gr2120 deck won’t stay up
Ok thanks. It’s just kinda of inconvenience went into trying to mow taller grass or driving through a rough field

/ Kubota gr2120 deck won’t stay up #5  
I just purchased a used kubota gr2120 with 400 hours. It runs and operates great. My issue is when you raise the deck it will lower on its own after about 3 minutes. I don’t see any leaks? I was thinking it could be the the lift cylinder but the part is almost 300 bucks. I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions of ideas. Thanks
Good luck. That's one thing that hasn't happened to mine. I think the idea of chaining it up is a good one, for when you are using the machine for something other than mowing. Hydraulic equipment leaking down is a common occurrence, but three minutes for a mower deck is likely a cylinder issue. I wouldn't consider repairing it.
I just spent all day trying to rebuild my GR2120 deck gearbox and failed. Don't know what I did wrong, but have to disassemble and start from scratch when I'm in the mood.
Good luck if you ever intend to replace the rear fuel filter. It's a hee-haw knee slapper around the Kubota engineers' offices, I'm sure..

/ Kubota gr2120 deck won’t stay up #6  
Do not waste any of your time or money messing with the lift cylinder as it has only one hose to it, so it is a single-acting cylinder. For the cylinder to be the cause of the deck dropping, it would have to be leaking oil on the ground.

The deck cylinder position is maintained by the Load Check (#180 in the PDF below) located in the control valve.

Attachments

• GR2120_Control valve.pdf
    67.2 KB · Views: 96
   / Kubota gr2120 deck won’t stay up #7  
Looks like it could be a simple fix. Thanks for posting that info.

/ Kubota gr2120 deck won’t stay up #8  
I may look into that myself. Mine as well drops after a few minutes. It doesn't leak so I never really worried about it

/ Kubota gr2120 deck won’t stay up #9  
This system was not designed to hold the deck up for an extended length of time although I have never timed one to see how long it would stay up. I do know that they should stay up for more than a few minutes.

/ Kubota gr2120 deck won’t stay up #10  
Interesting. One of the very few problems I've never had with my GR2120 is the deck not staying up. Hope I'm not jinxing myself now. Does anyone else face about an hour of misery trying to get the deck drive splines lined up when the deck is put on? This year I did the oil change and blade sharpening without taking the deck off because it's such a PITA to put back on, and the deck gear box broke, so I ended up taking it off anyway. Fall wood cutting and splitting hasn't allowed time to try to put the gear box back together again.