Kubota L3710 Oil and Hydraulic Filter Recommendations?

/ Kubota L3710 Oil and Hydraulic Filter Recommendations? #1  

Suburban Plowboy

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L3710
While I have my Kubota L3710 apart to fix the steering cylinder, I want to change the motor oil, hydraulic fluid, and filters.

Are there better oil and hydraulic fuel filters than OEM? Figured I should ask before spending the money.

/ Kubota L3710 Oil and Hydraulic Filter Recommendations?
I found a cross reference for a Fram PH10968 engine oil filter, which fits the Kubota. I cross-referenced the Fram with Mobil 1, and the Mobil 1 M1-204 will fit. I would trust a Mobil 1 filter more than Kubota, and I can get one locally, cheap. Haven't found anything for the hydraulic filter yet.

The Kubota oil filter number is HH164-32430. The hydraulic filter number is HHTA0-37710.

Last edited:
   / Kubota L3710 Oil and Hydraulic Filter Recommendations? #3  
Generally Fram is substandard. Since 2002, I've only used genuine Kubota filters, they are only pennies more.

The reason I looked up the Mobil 1 filter is that I don't want a Fram. Mobil 1 filters cost around $14, and I can get Kubota for slightly less, but Mobil 1 filters have a fantastic reputation.

The Kubota hydraulic filter is a little over $50, and Baldwin sells one for $34, which is considerably less. Baldwin appears to be a respected manufacturer.

EDIT: well, I'm wrong. Mobil filters are about $11 each.

/ Kubota L3710 Oil and Hydraulic Filter Recommendations? #5  
I'm happy with OEM.

/ Kubota L3710 Oil and Hydraulic Filter Recommendations? #6  
You can use aftermarket filters for the engine oil but I'd only use Kubota filters for the hydraulics and HST. They may cross reference to another brand but you'll likely run into problems. I tried to use a cross referenced NAPA Gold (WIX) filter once to replace the HST filter, since I didn't have a spare on the shelf at the time and didn't feel like driving to the Kubota dealer to get one. The HST filter wouldn't handle either the flow or pressure and kept blowing the seal out. Between the mess and wasted HST fluid I should have just gone to the dealer and picked up the correct OEM filter. Lesson learned. That said, I use either WIX or Baldwin oil filters on nearly everything I own, and have never had an issue. I just order by the case from the same supplier so it makes sense to keep it simple.

/ Kubota L3710 Oil and Hydraulic Filter Recommendations? #7  
Oh, and I'd definitely stay away from Fram for any filters. You'd be further ahead to just not change it at all versus replacing it with a Fram.

/ Kubota L3710 Oil and Hydraulic Filter Recommendations? #8  
1655562714101.png

From Wix

Attachments

• 1655562674332.png
    1655562674332.png
    410 bytes · Views: 100
   / Kubota L3710 Oil and Hydraulic Filter Recommendations? #9  
Mobil 1 filters are not that great. If they have an A on the end they are made by purolator. Rating is 99% at 30 microns

The Fram everyone is bashing you can get at walmart for probably less and is 99% at 20 microns (XG16) Fram makes perfectly fine filters.

Edit: adding in the wix. 51311 50%@6um and 95%@20um so it's very respectable and would be a great choice over the Mobil 1

In the end both will work without issue (probably :) ). I personally don't like purolator because of all the tears in the media I've seen and experienced.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. The Fram that was recommended for my Kubota was not a high-end Fram as far as I could tell, so that's why I didn't want it. I have read very good things about Fram's better filters, and I have bought at least one.

A lot of web sources say Mobil1 filters are made by a company named Champion. I can't find anything that says Purolator makes them.

All I know about Kubota engine oil filters is that they're made in Indonesia. I would guess Kubota tries to get good filters in order to avoid warranty claims. I can't find any specs on any Kubota filters.