Kubota L3901 wheel weights

/ Kubota L3901 wheel weights #1  

ehcrain

Bronze Member
Tractor
kubota l3901 and massey ferguson 50
Decided to add a set of wheel weights to my 3901, there wasn't much online that I found explaining how to do it.

I found that 5/8 carriage bolts fit the holes in my rims just right. Mind you I have R1 from the factory. Next came a washer and single nut tightened as much as possible.
The weight slid on and was followed by 4 regular nuts and 2 nylocks to help fight vibrations loosening the weights.

L8066 is the part number for the weights, found them cheapest on Amazon.
20220122_135819.jpg
20220122_133016.jpg

/ Kubota L3901 wheel weights #2  
Decided to add a set of wheel weights to my 3901, there wasn't much online that I found explaining how to do it.

I found that 5/8 carriage bolts fit the holes in my rims just right. Mind you I have R1 from the factory. Next came a washer and single nut tightened as much as possible.
The weight slid on and was followed by 4 regular nuts and 2 nylocks to help fight vibrations loosening the weights.

L8066 is the part number for the weights, found them cheapest on Amazon.View attachment 730864View attachment 730865
Those should work for my L3301, how much did they cost..and can they fit the R4?

/ Kubota L3901 wheel weights #4  
I couldn’t find anything used so ordered my weights and the “bolt kit” through Kubota and got an overpriced set of carriage bolts, just like what you used. I only used 4 per wheel, which seems to be adequate.
If I did it again I would probably go to EA. I would end up with about 5 weights too many, but they should be easy to resell. I don’t know why they sell 13 weights for a 2 wheel kit. :confused:

/ Kubota L3901 wheel weights #5  
Often on weights with 6 holes only 3 are used per weight when you stack them.
Three bolts to hold the first on, then 3 short bolts usually square headed in the
empty holes to hold the next weight on. You keep putting short square head bolts in 3 holes and alternating
as you keep stacking weights on.

/ Kubota L3901 wheel weights
Weights were $125 each after shipping by ups. They didn't have squarr holes so I figured the longer carriage bolts would work ok instead. In addition I felt better with 6 bolts holding them on versus 3.
Total install time was probably 1 hour per wheel, mostly because I had to use an open end wrench to tighten the nuts as my deep socket couldn't reach.

/ Kubota L3901 wheel weights #7  
How heavy are the weights? Amazon says 2 lbs. 🤣

/ Kubota L3901 wheel weights
60 pounds each i believe

Last edited:
   / Kubota L3901 wheel weights #9  
I couldn’t find anything used so ordered my weights and the “bolt kit” through Kubota and got an overpriced set of carriage bolts, just like what you used. I only used 4 per wheel, which seems to be adequate.
If I did it again I would probably go to EA. I would end up with about 5 weights too many, but they should be easy to resell. I don’t know why they sell 13 weights for a 2 wheel kit. :confused:
What would it fit on John Deere wheels, and would it work with the R1s on my L3301?

/ Kubota L3901 wheel weights #10  
Here is a link to everythings attachments weight page;
https://www.(Temporarily blocked due to reports of company closure)/tractor-weights-s/8408.htm
Once you get there you can start searching for what you need.