Kubota L4610 Broken Lift Arm--- aaargh.

/ Kubota L4610 Broken Lift Arm--- aaargh. #1  

CharlieVermont

Tractor
Kubota L4610
oh, man, snapped the right lift arm in two. removed the bolt the that's connected to a plate that's welded to the pin. per instructions (I think) I banged on that plate, and got it to turn (which should have also turned the pin), but alas, the plate broke off from it's weld, and now I'm stuck. Any advice would sure be appreciated. I've got a new lift arm to put on, but how do I get this pin out?

Attachments

• 1 (6).jpeg
    1 (6).jpeg
    80.2 KB · Views: 303
  • 1 (6).jpeg
    1 (6).jpeg
    80.2 KB · Views: 120
  • 2 (2).jpeg
    2 (2).jpeg
    84.5 KB · Views: 128
  • 3 (1).jpeg
    3 (1).jpeg
    98.2 KB · Views: 129
   / Kubota L4610 Broken Lift Arm--- aaargh. #2  
Looks like you will need to drill the tab and weld back onto the pin. Spray with Kroil or PB Blaster while cooling. Another option is to remove tire/wheel assembly and drill/tap the pin for a slide hammer or home made pin puller.

/ Kubota L4610 Broken Lift Arm--- aaargh. #3  
IF you have a welder or know someone with welder I would drill a hole in "plate" centered on pin location and burn a rosette (plug) weld into hole to re-attach plate to pin....Plate is only a locator to keep pin in place its not like there is major stress or strain on plate/pin for movement..... Alternative could be to just drill plate and drill and tap pin and bolt plate to pin....

Picture below sort of indicates it had a poor spot weld at time of manufacture..

1-6-jpeg.714682

Last edited:
   / Kubota L4610 Broken Lift Arm--- aaargh. #4  
Welding the tab, or a bolt or something to that pin is the best method. If you don't have a welder, find a neighbor with one and take a 6 pack over.

Without welding, your other solution would be to drill and tap a bolt hole, install a bolt and pry it out. If your tractor is like mine, it will take a compact 90 degree drill.

Welding will be way easier.