Comparison Kubota L6060 Air Ride Seat

/ Kubota L6060 Air Ride Seat #1  

KRParent

Tractor
Kubota L6060 & M5-091
We’re new to this forum as new Kubota owners! Have traded in 2 green tractors on an M5 and L6060.

Just got my L6060 a month ago. Ordered the cloth air ride seat option and I’ve never been so disappointed with an $800 option! a Grammer MSG75 series. First off I find the cushioning very hard compared to the MSG85 series in our M5. Second, it’s a low profile seat (not sure why but it is) so because I am only 5’4” I need the seat fairly far forward to reach the pedals properly, but I am not able to raise it high enough - I have to sit on a pillow. There is just not much up/down adjustment in it. Very, very different from the 85 series.

So my question . . . what air ride seat did your L6060 come equipped with? And are you happy with it? We’re talking back and forth with our dealer to see if he’ll swap it out for something else but he's giving us some grief.

Last edited:
   / Kubota L6060 Air Ride Seat #2  
I am also not a fan of the seat. I also have an L6060. Not comfortable in my opinion. Also disappointing is the fact that you lose the 15 degree swivel feature that comes with the standard budget seat. Pay 800 and you can't even swivel. I just can't figure out how to get it comfortable. I am 6'3" and still like to be high up, which means that the seat is at its max height which means it turns hard as a board. Evidently the silly air needle in the middle has to correspond to your weight, and disregards your height.

/ Kubota L6060 Air Ride Seat #3  
I'm not impressed with the 65/75 series Grammer seats as my lawnmower video details.

A Michigan V5400 might be awesome. It turned out to work very good for me.

I tried to shove in a Sears suspension seat into my Kioti and I just didn't have enough headroom (see photo). Might try to fit a Michigan seat at some point.

49365977622_820adc5d8c_h.jpg

/ Kubota L6060 Air Ride Seat #4  
L6060 air seat not worth it. I had a M135GX and replaced it with a M7-171. Both of those great but the L6060 sucks. Possibility they are limited by head to roof clearance dictated by ISO ROPS standard. Preferred standard seat I had on my L5740.

/ Kubota L6060 Air Ride Seat #5  
My Deere 4720 cab tractor has an air ride seat and it's significantly better than a seat on springs but the cushion is rather firm so I still get a bumpy ride depending on the ground conditions. I keep reminding myself it's not a Lexus. My Deere ZTrack has a suspension seat which is quite good but the Tweels make the difference in ride quality.

/ Kubota L6060 Air Ride Seat #6  
Well bummer! I asked on air ride seat before ordering and was told don't think you need it on that tractor. Have it on larger JD and really like it. But smaller tractor not running across a field 8 plus mph so okay. The standard seat is as tight as you can get it and it just does not handle my 240 pounds. Their tech sat in at about 180 and said does feel low. His bouncing it sitting still was almost bottoming out.

So the air ride is also a failure...did either of you all come up with a true solution?

/ Kubota L6060 Air Ride Seat #7  
You don't need an air suspension seat? LOL, I beg to differ. You can buy aftermarket air suspension seats.

/ Kubota L6060 Air Ride Seat #8  
You don't need an air suspension seat? LOL, I beg to differ. You can buy aftermarket air suspension seats.

Are you saying not to use the Kubota brand but aftermarket? What about the air ride suspension system made to use under the current seat?

/ Kubota L6060 Air Ride Seat #9  
Are you saying not to use the Kubota brand but aftermarket? What about the air ride suspension system made to use under the current seat?
Sorry, I didn't mean to say don't buy the Kubota air suspension seat. I was referring to the sales person saying you don't need an air suspension seat. You do want an air suspension seat - either Kubota or aftermarket. I wanted an air suspension seat on my Bobcat E42 excavator (cab model) but it wasn't an option, its seat is suspension which is good. (Not a big deal on a tracked equipment though.)

/ Kubota L6060 Air Ride Seat #10  
In addition to losing the swivel, I believe you also lose unattended PTO with the air ride seat option. I'm a light weight and find the standard seat adequate.