Kubota M6060/7060 vs Deer 5065E vs ???

/ Kubota M6060/7060 vs Deer 5065E vs ??? #1  

flashpuppy

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040 Kubota SVL75-2
I originally started this thread in the Kubota buying sub forum. I'm trying to branch out and make sure I evaluate all my options though so I am posting a new thread here with some different questions.

So we just got the deed signed and the place is ours now. 33 acres in NC. Nice mix of rolling pasture and woods. Farm came with an AC 5040, 2wd and loader.

Taking the Gator around all the property, is a bit intimidating. We bought from a fella that is in his 90's now. It's apparent that despite his best efforts (which he did a darn fine job of by the way!) there are several past years worth of clean up needed. There are also some fairly steep hills and a couple of seriously wet spots by the creek.

Tasks I need to handle:
  • Maintain a nearly mile long gravel driveway/road
  • Mowing about 20 acres
  • Downed trees and brush clearing
  • Round bale handling
  • General mini-farm work
  • Fencing repairs

II'll only be considering a MFWD with a loader and cab. I'm really going to be looking for a used tractor in the neighborhood of $30k-$35k at a maximum. I don't think there is anything that could get me to go above that range on a new model. There is not any financing as I will be a cash buyer so special interest rates aren't of much intrigue to me.

Thinking that a EA Wicked Grapple and a hefty box blade will be purchased from the get go for whatever tractor I wind up with, and these are not included in my desired price range. I have an assortment of other 3pt implements that came with the farm as well.

Now, I narrowed down to the M series from Kubota for a couple of reasons. I'm not going to be looking for anything from the L series as I feel it will just not be big enough. I went to the Kubota dealer today and sat on/in a bunch of models and if we're going with "team orange", I think that'll be the choice. I believe the 5065E Deere is a pretty direct competitor to what I'm after.

Also went to a Mahindra dealer today and just wasn't in love with the offerings. I'm planning to get up to a Kioti dealer maybe tomorrow and see what they have.

Thoughts? What would you guys be looking at that's comparable?

/ Kubota M6060/7060 vs Deer 5065E vs ??? #2  
Also keep in mind:
Case Farmall 75C/New Holland Powerstar 75 (same tractor basically in red or blue)
Massey Ferguson 4707
Rural King RK74

/ Kubota M6060/7060 vs Deer 5065E vs ???
Also keep in mind:
Case Farmall 75C/New Holland Powerstar 75 (same tractor basically in red or blue)
Massey Ferguson 4707
Rural King RK74

I値l be looking for a CNH dealer tomorrow and see if I can get an in person look at those.

Not sure where a MF dealer is but I値l try to track one down.

Thanks for the heads up!

/ Kubota M6060/7060 vs Deer 5065E vs ??? #4  
I looked at Kubota M7060, New holland Powerstar 75, Case 75c and Massey Ferguson 4707. All very nice tractors. I dont like the emissions stuff and regen cycles, so that eliminates Kubota. CNH are very nice tractors with great financing options. The Massey Ferguson offered the .ost bang for the buck, most features, and latest technology. So that's what I ended up with. 20181023_140707.jpeg

/ Kubota M6060/7060 vs Deer 5065E vs ??? #5  
I値l be looking for a CNH dealer tomorrow and see if I can get an in person look at those.

Not sure where a MF dealer is but I値l try to track one down.

Thanks for the heads up!

CNH just released a new NH Workmaster and Case Farmall A cab tractor in 55, 65, 75 HP. Belong to be in dealers by December if pre ordered. Here is a video I took of the NH Workmaster 75 at the AG Expo last week. Might want to ask your dealer about them.

New Holland Workmaster 75 - YouTube

/ Kubota M6060/7060 vs Deer 5065E vs ??? #6  
   / Kubota M6060/7060 vs Deer 5065E vs ??? #7  
I have had a Kubota M7040 for 12 years and upgrade to a 2018 M7060 12 speed.
Never had a issue with the old or new and really like the turning radius, cold weather starting, and ease of operation.
Good tractor for the money and would be perfect for your operation.

/ Kubota M6060/7060 vs Deer 5065E vs ??? #8  
I looked at Kubota M7060, New holland Powerstar 75, Case 75c and Massey Ferguson 4707. All very nice tractors. I dont like the emissions stuff and regen cycles, so that eliminates Kubota. CNH are very nice tractors with great financing options. The Massey Ferguson offered the .ost bang for the buck, most features, and latest technology. So that's what I ended up with. View attachment 575956

Congrats on the machine and enjoy! Post pictures!

/ Kubota M6060/7060 vs Deer 5065E vs ???
5B9071C6-3523-4D5B-8C1D-A546EF7F373E.jpeg

Well, found a nice 7040 with pretty low hours. Got delivered yesterday

/ Kubota M6060/7060 vs Deer 5065E vs ??? #10  
Congrats! I was torn between Massey and Kubota
Chose Kubota 7060HDC 12
Love it