Kubota M7040 shuttle won't engage.

/ Kubota M7040 shuttle won't engage. #1  

Stopher

Tractor
Kubota M6040 HD
Hey guys, I have a friend of mine that has a Kubota M7040 "synchro shuttle" if I'm saying that right. I know it's NOT the hydraulic shuttle as that's what I have. He was moving hay bales and when he reversed from a bale, it wouldn't move. He checked the high/low range lever already. Said that the shuttle lever still has resistance when changing direction but not as much as normal. When he moves the lever to forward or reverse, the tractor moves very little, as in not even enough to put the next tire lug on the ground. I've googled and searched forums but couldn't find much. I hope I'm not duplicating a thread I simply could not find. Any help as to what things to cancel out that could be wrong will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

/ Kubota M7040 shuttle won't engage. #2  
I would suggest to check operation of shuttle control cable & linkage. On a M4900 I once owned I had to R&R sync shuttle assembly because of failed synchronizers but it was stuck in reverse.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    564 KB · Views: 321
   / Kubota M7040 shuttle won't engage.
Thanks Tx Jim, that will at least give us a starting point. Hopefully that's the sole problem.

/ Kubota M7040 shuttle won't engage. #4  
Hey guys, I have a friend of mine that has a Kubota M7040 "synchro shuttle" if I'm saying that right. I know it's NOT the hydraulic shuttle as that's what I have. He was moving hay bales and when he reversed from a bale, it wouldn't move. He checked the high/low range lever already. Said that the shuttle lever still has resistance when changing direction but not as much as normal. When he moves the lever to forward or reverse, the tractor moves very little, as in not even enough to put the next tire lug on the ground. I've googled and searched forums but couldn't find much. I hope I'm not duplicating a thread I simply could not find. Any help as to what things to cancel out that could be wrong will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Stopher

I sent you a PM i.e private message.

In case you don't know about this feature, on the main forum page there is a selection ALERTS. This is how I access pm's but there may be better ways

Dave M7040