Kubota mower junkyard ?

/ Kubota mower junkyard ? #1  

Cycledude

Veteran Member
Tractor
LS XR4155, Ford 6610, Ford 8n
The muffler on my Kubota ZD21 seems to have a rattle, it’s been doing it for years but lately it seems to be getting worse so I would like to replace the muffler.
Ive talked to 2 different Kubota dealers and both told me this is the first time they heard of this problem on a ZD21 , a new muffler from Kubota is $431.00 so I am hoping to find a used muffler much cheaper.
Anyone know of any lawnmower junkyards that might have one ?
Thanks for any help !

/ Kubota mower junkyard ? #2  
Get the part number and try to match it with some they sell on Ebay . Whats your part # ?

/ Kubota mower junkyard ?
Thank you bullbreaker for mentioning to get the part number ! I will stop at my dealer and ask for the part number ASAP, I think I may have found a used muffler online for $68 and once I get the part number that should confirm it’s the correct muffler.
Get the part number and try to match it with some they sell on Ebay . Whats your part # ?

/ Kubota mower junkyard ? #5  
My Ford 1100 had a muffler that was stupid expensive. My buddy bought the tractor and I thought I found one on a similar (but not the same) tractor for $50. So I bought it and figured out when I took it to him that it was close, but larger. I made an adapter to fit the bolts on one side and the bolts on the other with a big hole bored through it and bolted everything together. He was happy! I bought the tractor back a few years later and it is still keeping things quiet!
David from jax

According to the parts look up on Messick's website, the part is K3111-83114

Take a look and see if that is your mower
Thanks for your help, The Messicks picture looks similar but not the same as the muffler on my mower so I’m not sure that’s the correct part number.
The used muffler I found online looks like mine but I can’t be sure it fits, I will be stopping at my Kubota dealer to hear what they have to say, The parts guy at my Kubota dealer actually owns a mower identical to mine but with twice the hours on it.

/ Kubota mower junkyard ? #7  
Try West Kentucky Tractor Parts. I've bought used Kubota parts from them before when I was working for a Kubota dealer.

Try West Kentucky Tractor Parts. I've bought used Kubota parts from them before when I was working for a Kubota dealer.
Apparently they are no longer in business