Buying Advice Kubota Paint Fade Fixed

/ Kubota Paint Fade Fixed #1  

Tractorable

Veteran Member
Tractor
Tractorless, 2022 F350 Tremor, 24ft Diamond C HDT Equipment Trailer, 1980 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40
I was watching some Messick’s YouTube videos and noticed a comment from Messick’s stating that Kubota switched to a more UV resistant paint circa 2017 to address the seemingly wide-spread issue of faded orange Kubota’s.

Good news!

IMG_1545.JPG

/ Kubota Paint Fade Fixed #2  
That's good news! Let's face it... pink is not a good color for a tractor.

/ Kubota Paint Fade Fixed #3  
That was the #1 reason I did not seriously shop Kubota. All of their used tractors looked so faded.

/ Kubota Paint Fade Fixed #4  
I looked at a used Kubota before buying new. Nothing wrong with it other than it wasnt orange

Paints with UV inhibitors have been around for decades. It is good to see Kubota keeping up with the latest innovations :D

Last edited:
   / Kubota Paint Fade Fixed #5  
We had a survey many years ago and the results were US owners were less particular about their machine finish. I called BS but we continued to pay the price to build better looking machines of the same model for other countries than US. For all my Kubota surveys I have answered with a question - why do my US made parts like loaders fade so much more than Japanese? Same with my French built M7 with a US loader. Glad to see they are changing.

/ Kubota Paint Fade Fixed #6  
I’ve not noticed this to be a problem except on old Kubotas that were stored outside. I’ve seen plenty of 90s model vehicles with peeling clear coat so automotive grade is very reassuring. Even if you had the best paint in the world the sun still destroys plastic, hydraulic hoses, tires, and the seat. If you care about your equipment you really need to keep it out of the sun. My 2011 JD backhoe has likely been stored outside it’s whole life until I bought it last year and it has quite a bit of sun damage.

/ Kubota Paint Fade Fixed #7  
We always kept our tractors in the dry. The "tractor shed" was nothing more than an old pole shed with electrical service. The paint was always good on our old units. The worst color for fade seems to be red.

/ Kubota Paint Fade Fixed #8  
The worst color for fade seems to be red.
True and orange is right in there. That is why UV protection is so important. Glad to see Kubota is improving their paint.

/ Kubota Paint Fade Fixed #9  
Darn, mine was probably manufactured Fall 2016, the dealer received it in December 2016. Shouldn't really matter as mine stays in a garage, but I have noticed many older Kubota's I see on Craigslist are sort of a coral color.

/ Kubota Paint Fade Fixed #10  
I've really seen no color fade. My 2009 M6040 is stored under cover in a big carport stall. I'm a lot more concerned about keeping the big, expensive tires out of the sun.