Kubota Revamps LX Product Line Again

/ Kubota Revamps LX Product Line Again #1  

Cahaba Valley Farm

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford 3000
It was revealed a couple of days ago that Kubota is once again revamping their LX product line after only two years in production. For those of you that are new and unfamiliar with the Kubota lineup, Kubota started this line of tractors back in 2013 with what was known at the time as the B50 series. This was the era of the infamous B3350 that had caused scores of emissions related problems that resulted in endless service campaigns, lawsuits and recalls for unfortunate owners. The problem got so bad that Kubota was forced to completely stop production of these tractors and totally revamp and rename them so there would be no association with the former model. This is how the LX line came into being. However, the LX series didn't make a big splash with buyers and after only two years in production Kubota has done a major overhaul to appeal to buyers.

The new LX series, especially the LX4020 fills the missing gap in Kubota's lineup that they have had for ages. Coming in at 40 engine hp and around 33 PTO hp in a frame size that weighs less than 2000lbs, it is the smallest and most powerful compact tractor the industry has ever produced. Interestingly enough this tractor is not technically new to the Kubota lineup as it has been sold in Europe for the past few years. The lingering question is why Kubota didn't bring this tractor to the North American market two years ago when they revamped the B50 series?

For those that are interested, here is a video of it from the annual dealer meeting last month

/ Kubota Revamps LX Product Line Again #2  
I don't get the LX line. Much like the JD 20 series, it's just big enough to be irrelevant.

/ Kubota Revamps LX Product Line Again
I don't get the LX line. Much like the JD 20 series, it's just big enough to be irrelevant.
The LX line is supposed to fill the gap in Kubota's product line up that exists between the Standard L and the Grand L in terms of size and features but it's more akin to the JD 2038R and 3038E in terms of weight. I will admit there doesn't seem to be much interest in them on this forum and I'm not sure why. If you or anyone else would like to weigh in on this I am all ears.

/ Kubota Revamps LX Product Line Again #4  
From my experience, 40 horses with marginal weight behind it is a waist of horsepower for pulling.

I had an L2501 and when it came to ground engagement implements, it was too light. Plenty of power but too light to pull a heavy duty rear blade for ditching.

/ Kubota Revamps LX Product Line Again #5  
Quote: "However, the LX series didn't make a big splash with buyers and after only two years in production Kubota has done a major overhaul to appeal to buyers." " it's just big enough to be irrelevant."

They sure a WHOLE LOT of these irrelevant tractors, LOL Both the B50 series and the LX.

/ Kubota Revamps LX Product Line Again #6  
Glad to see hydraulic top link added to LandPride. But don't see it on the site yet. We will see what the looks like.

/ Kubota Revamps LX Product Line Again #7  
From my experience, 40 horses with marginal weight behind it is a waist of horsepower for pulling.
Agree 40 horses at less than 2000 lbs is virtually useless for ground engagement work. Might be OK for PTO work if implement isn’t to heavy.

/ Kubota Revamps LX Product Line Again #8  
Quote: "However, the LX series didn't make a big splash with buyers and after only two years in production Kubota has done a major overhaul to appeal to buyers." " it's just big enough to be irrelevant."

They sure a WHOLE LOT of these irrelevant tractors, LOL Both the B50 series and the LX.
Try reading the end of the first paragraph on original post.

/ Kubota Revamps LX Product Line Again #9  
Last year the landscaping company I work for bought an LX3310 at my suggestion because my L6060 doesn't always fit in small yards and my grading implement wont fit between 8ft on center fence posts. It was also bought because its narrow enough to plow city sidewalks. Basically the 4020 addresses every complaint I had with the 3310. The narrow front, transmission noise and slow speed are all a problem for me. I think its important for people to understand that just because the size or power output of any given tractor isn't useful for their application doesn't mean it isn't perfect for someone else. I hope I get my hands on one because I'll use every bit of that 40hp.

/ Kubota Revamps LX Product Line Again
I had an L2501 and when it came to ground engagement implements, it was too light. Plenty of power but too light to pull a heavy duty rear blade for ditching.
I'm assuming that you had fluid filled tires and wheel weights?