Kubota RTV Block Heater ?

/ Kubota RTV Block Heater ? #1  

Ductape

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B3030HSDC
I've tried doing a couple searches, but came up empty. Has anyone done an install on an electric block heater on a 900 or 1100 RTV? I'm wondering if it threads into an existing hole, requires a freeze plug to be removed, or.......??

Trying to help a friend who is looking to do the install himself instead of hauling his RTV an hour each way to the dealer.

Also..... if anyone knows the part number for the heater itself, i'd appreciate it.

I assume its probably been covered here in the past, so if theres already a thread on it, please send me in that direction.

Thanks !

/ Kubota RTV Block Heater ? #3  
KATS is the the easiest and most non intrusive heater available. You can use them on both the engine oil and trans sump. Below is the manufactures web site. I've spoken to this guys. Good folks, family owned and they use RTV's on their farm. Home

/ Kubota RTV Block Heater ?
He has already ordered the Kubota block heater. I was just hoping to find out of it threads in, as some do, or if its a freeze plug type heater. If it doesn't look like too much of a job, i'm hoping he can avoid trailering it to the dealer. I'm surprised no one here has installed one.

/ Kubota RTV Block Heater ? #5  
I installed a block heater a few weeks back..took about 10 minutes. The frost plug "pops" out (not threaded) and the block heater is tapped into place (not screwed). Instructions come with the Kubota block heater.

Caution...when removing the frost plug tap it at one edge in order to get it to start to Rotate until it can be gripped with a pair of pliers to pull it out. Unless you are cautious, you cal tap the plug right into the engine hear....NOT A GOOD THING.

/ Kubota RTV Block Heater ? #6  
I installed a block heater a few weeks back..took about 10 minutes. The frost plug "pops" out (not threaded) and the block heater is tapped into place (not screwed). Instructions come with the Kubota block heater.

Caution...when removing the frost plug tap it at one edge in order to get it to start to Rotate until it can be gripped with a pair of pliers to pull it out. Unless you are cautious, you cal tap the plug right into the engine hear....NOT A GOOD THING.

No doubt the RTV900 block heater is easy to install, but it's worthless! It sits at the highest point of the engine and does nothing to warm up the other 90%. It's a waste of $100.

Get a lower radiator hose heater, or find something to stick to the oil pan. I'm very unhappy with the stock block heater and would send it back if I could plug the hole up!

/ Kubota RTV Block Heater ? #7  
No doubt the RTV900 block heater is easy to install, but it's worthless! It sits at the highest point of the engine and does nothing to warm up the other 90%. It's a waste of $100.

Get a lower radiator hose heater, or find something to stick to the oil pan. I'm very unhappy with the stock block heater and would send it back if I could plug the hole up!

Well. It was -10f this morning. Plugged in the block heater for an hour and the RTV started right up and even had a little heat coming from the heater in the cab. The block heater works fine for me.

/ Kubota RTV Block Heater ? #8  
I used to be involved with a heavy equipment company with many large diesels. Hands down the block heaters worked the best in sub-zero weather. They do need a couple of hours to warm things up. I would not install any other type of heater in anything I own.

/ Kubota RTV Block Heater ? #9  
I have a RTV 900, no heater. Its been -20 and below. Will an electric blanket or heating pad help at all? Thanks

/ Kubota RTV Block Heater ? #10  
I have a RTV 900, no heater. Its been -20 and below. Will an electric blanket or heating pad help at all? Thanks

I don't think so