Kubota RTV Cabin Blower not Working

/ Kubota RTV Cabin Blower not Working #1  

bcs001

Bronze Member
Tractor
2021 Branson 3620H
I found and purchased a very clean 2004 RTV900 Camo Realtree model with less than 700 hours on it. It has a few minor problems with gauges (speedo & fuel not working) but I've found info on how to troubleshoot those. The cabin blower/heater motor also isn't working but I can't find anything on that. There is a 3-position rotary switch on the dash that controls the blower and I'm assuming this is an OEM option and installation.

Is there a most likely problem that has been documented in the early model years? I haven't started troubleshooting yet but thought I'd at least see if there was a history of well documented problem areas like I've see about the fuel gauge.

Thanks,
Bruce.

/ Kubota RTV Cabin Blower not Working #2  
I am not familiar with the early models, but my guess is that the heater may be an aftermarket unit? Check to see if there is power at the switch (assuming you checked the fuse). Good luck.

/ Kubota RTV Cabin Blower not Working
I just picked it up over the weekend and haven't had a chance to dig in yet. I may have incorrectly assumed it was an OEM option but you may be right as the dash switch looks aftermarket.

/ Kubota RTV Cabin Blower not Working #4  
Sorry, No help here on the heater. I have a 2004 RTV900 Camo Too.
Great machine, my fuel gauge also failed, you mentioned that you found troubleshooting info. I fixed my gauge with a YouTube video that showed how to split open the gauge and resolder a common failure point.

Mike

I fixed my gauge with a YouTube video that showed how to split open the gauge and resolder a common failure point.
Yea, I found the same info about the internal resistor fix and will take care of that as I work thru all the maintenance items. I’m pretty sure both ends of my front driveshaft has the excessive play on the splines and I’ll need to do the tapped hole/set screw fix that’s also documented in various forums and videos.

/ Kubota RTV Cabin Blower not Working #6  
Also check for mice and critter nests

/ Kubota RTV Cabin Blower not Working #7  
Not sure if it applies to the heater blower but my Kubota M9 cab tractor has a relay in line with the blower motor and mine failed so I replaced that and all is good now.

Not sure if it applies to the heater blower but my Kubota M9 cab tractor has a relay in line with the blower motor and mine failed so I replaced that and all is good now.
Appreciate the suggestion. This place is awesome for just that kind of info.

/ Kubota RTV Cabin Blower not Working #10  
If it has the relay, post it and I'll give you the Digikey cross reference number. My dealer wanted 70 bucks for the relay. Crossed it on Digikey for 4 bucks. Bought 2, just in case. 70 is highway robbery.