Kubota RTV1120 2 meter ham radio install

/ Kubota RTV1120 2 meter ham radio install #1  

stevewarner1957

Gold Member
Tractor
2006 Kubota L3830HST
Just for fun I installed a Motorola Radius 200 2 meter ham radio in my RTV 1120. I got the radio super cheap and had the antenna. It’s a 4 channel radio with 3 local repeaters and 146.520 in it. Any other ham operators out there?
WA9SWW
Steve
IMG_0550.jpg

/ Kubota RTV1120 2 meter ham radio install #2  
Nice! Not active anymore and had a hard time renewing this time. Cannot remember the stupid PIN number. I need to mail in before it is too late.

There is quite a few hams on this forum. I am sure they will chime in. 73

/ Kubota RTV1120 2 meter ham radio install
Cool. Yes. The FCC and their ULS system. I’m a VE and we can’t even give a test unless the candidate has a FRN number from them

/ Kubota RTV1120 2 meter ham radio install #4  
Yep, I'm a HAM radio operator!

If I ever get a cab tractor, I'm for sure going to install a HAM radio in it... probably only do a 1/4 wave 2m antenna on it though to keep it from getting destroyed by trees.

73's
KC2QQR

That’s what’s on my RTV for the same reason. Not crazy about it but it’s a compromise for sure. The 45watt radio helps hit my local repeaters. I’m more of a HF CW guy, this was just something for fun

/ Kubota RTV1120 2 meter ham radio install #6  
Pretty neat. I join in on a few nets each week. I enjoy 2 meter. KO4-DZZ.

/ Kubota RTV1120 2 meter ham radio install #7  
Joe N8JTQ here... not planning to install radio equipment due to lots of woods work. Already lost the rubber drip rail and work light off the cab roof. Mobile is equipped with 2m and 440. Shack is hf thru 440. Active in ARES/RACES and I am the Otsego Co. EC. Enjoyed Field Day this year!
73 N8JTQ

Cool Joe
I’m the ARES EC in my County in Southern Illinois. We had a good field day as well

/ Kubota RTV1120 2 meter ham radio install #9  
Cool Joe
I’m the ARES EC in my County in Southern Illinois. We had a good field day as well
Hi Steve. Did you operate from your EOC? We did this year. What Call sign did you use for Field Day? May have worked you....40m was hot for us!!

No, not from a EOC. A local club I belong to had a event at a state park. They had a Boy Scout training session and I went to do my VE thing. I worked some CW later at home with my own call sign.