Kubota still offering 0 percent financing

/ Kubota still offering 0 percent financing #101  

DonaldP

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L3560
I just purchased a Kubota skid steer and after we negotiated the price the salesman told me if I qualified I could get 0% financing for up to 48 months so after running my credit he said I was good if I wanted to finance thru them, at that point I asked him what if I wanted to pay cash what could they do? He didn't bat an eye and told me $2700 more off the price on the model that I ordered, so not a lot but every little bit helps.
Great input!!! I think real world experiences like this can tell the true story.

I'm confused though.

You said you reached a price agreement, discussed financing, and THEN the dealer offered you another $2700 discount after everything was done... if you paid cash?

That would indeed be the real world cost of financing!

/ Kubota still offering 0 percent financing #102  

DonaldP

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L3560
Randy ,

Yes, we should all "DARE TO SAY IT!!! "

This is reality. People expressing their beliefs and not being treated as less than viable citizens for expressing that.

It seems that everyone (both the left and the right) is full tilt on getting everyone onto their side of the boat... all at the risk of sinking!

It used to be there was real discussion and debate to support one's premise on everything from farming to right to life or right to choice.

Today it's not that way.

It seems that if you aren't mounting a confederate flag to the bed of your truck and driving through town waving a loaded pistol out the window along with a copy of your 2nd amendment rights and then breaking into the capitol building to "express" your dissatisfaction with an election,

OR,

If you're not burning down police stations and asking for dismantling the police force by actively breaking windows and burning cars on the streets all while expressing that babies can be aborted at 8 months and 25 days because they aren't to be considered a human life until they take their first breath...

Well I think everyone should get the point. We are being forced to reside on one side of the ship or the other and that's not necessarily how this country or our ideals (as individuals or as a country) was built to move forward.

I appreciate your viewpoints...
We should appreciate all viewpoints.
Political Parties... regardless as to what each says, are NOT mutually exclusive. They can co-exist peacefully and thoughtfully of the opposing viewpoints if everyone plays fair.

Problem is, everyone is concerned about the same thing in the political backdrop as they are in private business. That is, self preservation.

John Deer and Kubota or New Holland aren't mutually exclusive brands of equipment either. They can all co-exist together on the same playing field.
10-4 there website is showing $700 rebate now and if I read it right that is with the 0% financing on that model.
That is correct. I received that "discount" when I financed in June of 2020.

/ Kubota still offering 0 percent financing #103  

Lineman North Florida

Veteran Member
Tractor
Farmtrac 360 DTC with FEL & John Deere 5093E with FEL
Great input!!! I think real world experiences like this can tell the true story.

I'm confused though.

You said you reached a price agreement, discussed financing, and THEN the dealer offered you another $2700 discount after everything was done... if you paid cash?

That would indeed be the real world cost of financing!
I knew going in from Kubota's website that they were offering 0% financing to qualified buyers OR $2700.00 cash back on the model that I wanted which was a SVL 75-2 compact track loader. I had already shopped locally and none of the dealers ever mentioned the rebate and the prices that they gave me were considerably higher than the out of state dealer that I bought from, I had went to an auction to bid on a skid steer and just couldn't bring myself to give what they were going for, for a machine with no warranty and unknown history, so I just happened to stop in at this Kubota dealer on my way home and within less than an hour had a price that was far less than any local dealer had offered,we discussed the 0% financing and he ran my credit and told me I qualified so it was at that point that I asked about paying cash and he told me about the $2700 cask back or off the price of the machine, well that matched up with what the website program said and I felt like this was the most honest and as fair a price as I had been given so we made the deal. I was going to buy the machine from him whether he gave the $2700 off or not as even without that he beat local by more than 5k, I would have just elected to go with the 0% financing if that had been the case.

/ Kubota still offering 0 percent financing #104  

jyoutz

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota MX6000
I knew going in from Kubota's website that they were offering 0% financing to qualified buyers OR $2700.00 cash back on the model that I wanted which was a SVL 75-2 compact track loader. I had already shopped locally and none of the dealers ever mentioned the rebate and the prices that they gave me were considerably higher than the out of state dealer that I bought from, I had went to an auction to bid on a skid steer and just couldn't bring myself to give what they were going for, for a machine with no warranty and unknown history, so I just happened to stop in at this Kubota dealer on my way home and within less than an hour had a price that was far less than any local dealer had offered,we discussed the 0% financing and he ran my credit and told me I qualified so it was at that point that I asked about paying cash and he told me about the $2700 cask back or off the price of the machine, well that matched up with what the website program said and I felt like this was the most honest and as fair a price as I had been given so we made the deal. I was going to buy the machine from him whether he gave the $2700 off or not as even without that he beat local by more than 5k, I would have just elected to go with the 0% financing if that had been the case.
Individual dealers seem to have different negotiating strategies. When I was shopping, I found a price range of $5k difference between quoted prices of three dealers. That difference alone indicates that same have more room to negotiate than others.

/ Kubota still offering 0 percent financing #105  

Lineman North Florida

Veteran Member
Tractor
Farmtrac 360 DTC with FEL & John Deere 5093E with FEL
Individual dealers seem to have different negotiating strategies. When I was shopping, I found a price range of $5k difference between quoted prices of three dealers. That difference alone indicates that same have more room to negotiate than others.
Or that some are WILLING to negotiate more, that is actually what I believe.

/ Kubota still offering 0 percent financing #106  

arrow

Elite Member
Tractor
Mahindra 3016
It's not so much one dealer has "more room". Everyone pays the same amount wholesale wise.
it is more of how close to margin one dealer has chosen over another.
If a tractor wholesales for 25K and there is a 5K mark-up bringing the msrp to say 30K, it is more about that moment in time for the dealer.
Does he weigh out not making a sale? Does he need a sale? Is a payment coming up? Did his kid wreck a car? Did he have a fight with the mate? Does he need more inventory and trying to gain capitol. etc., etc. etc.
You just never know but they're just like the consumer in going thru machinations of life.

/ Kubota still offering 0 percent financing #107  

rScotty

Tractor
Kubota M59, JD530, JD310SG. Restoring Yanmar YM165D

Yep. You bet it depends on what they pay for the machine. Distributors are always offering deals to their dealers. Sometimes it's extra options that everyone wants anyway - but packaged in kit form so they can be offered with the tractor or sold separately. In fact it is common for the wholesale price to stay the same but the options list and/or mfg. floor plan to be where the difference is. Extra hydraulic kits are a biggie.

There are also special prices to dealers for committing to pre-ordering new models. Pre-ordering discounts are a big part of the draw at conventions. It's advertising for the faithful.
rScotty

/ Kubota still offering 0 percent financing #108  

Hay Dude

Tractor
Case-IH MX-270, MF7495, Challenger MT535B, Kubota M126XTDC, Kubota F3680, Kubota ZD331
“need (desperation) to sell” is a big factor at dealerships.

When sitting on inventory for too long, a dealer offering “0% financing” may also turn to “0% financing” OR thousands cash back on slow moving equipment.

On fast moving, popular sellers, they may offer “0% financing” but no option for cash back because they know there’s a guy in the very near future walking through the door that thinks he’s getting the deal of a lifetime by paying “0% interest”, but the price has thousands in profit built into it for the dealer.

It’s so easy to see what’s going on once you realize it’s just a shell game. You pay 0% on more money or cash on less money.

/ Kubota still offering 0 percent financing #109  

rScotty

Tractor
Kubota M59, JD530, JD310SG. Restoring Yanmar YM165D
“need (desperation) to sell” is a big factor at dealerships.

When sitting on inventory for too long, a dealer offering “0% financing” may also turn to “0% financing” OR thousands cash back on slow moving equipment.

On fast moving, popular sellers, they may offer “0% financing” but no option for cash back because they know there’s a guy in the very near future walking through the door that thinks he’s getting the deal of a lifetime by paying “0% interest”, but the price has thousands in profit built into it for the dealer.

It’s so easy to see what’s going on once you realize it’s just a shell game. You pay 0% on more money or cash on less money.

Look at it from the dealer's perspective:

It's not a shell game. Different dealers need different sales at different times. The dealer sees it as a wider game than one customer. What the dealer loses on one sale - whether cash or credit - is easier to make up on another than to beat on every deal.
rScotty

/ Kubota still offering 0 percent financing #110  

Hay Dude

Tractor
Case-IH MX-270, MF7495, Challenger MT535B, Kubota M126XTDC, Kubota F3680, Kubota ZD331
Wrong. It is a game. its a game of “who’s got a bigger pair” lol
0% financing is a gimmick. You pay more and get 0%, or you pay less if you pen a check IF you know how to negotiate.
I’m sorry I disagree with your opinion and after buying with a check and financing probably close to 50 pieces of equipment over the last 25 years, thats how the “0% financing” game works.

Like I said before, when you accept the 0% financing, most dealers bluff when they say “no, there’s no cash back if you write a check”.

There is. Its just that many people don’t have the mental strength to get up and walk out if the dealer plays his game.

Just ask Lineman North Florida. My experience has been the same. How many deals have you made with dealers lately on financed or non-financed equipment lately? It helps to be a frequent or recent buyer to know how to negotiate
Hay Dude

Last edited: